Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft--The Third Option

rtandler

Nobody thought that JP Losman would warrant a trade up, but the Bills fell in love with him and pulled the trigger.

I remember that and I'm sure the Bills regret it now. With how mercurial young QBs are I don't expect teams to be clamoring over the QB class of this year. They all have considerable flaws and the middle round talent (Booty, Johnson, Woodson) may give sufficient pause to any team considering a move up.

Teams to watch on trading up for our #21 is Atlanta and Miami. If Alberts is still available when we pick I don't think we will trade our pick. If he is gone, I think we will definitely trade down. Just my thoughts.

I would think that Carolina and Chicago could also be trade partners since they both need a qb too. Whichever of the 4 doesn't get Ryan makes for a good posibility. Baltimore also needs a qb but doesn't have many picks to trade. If somehow KC gets Ryan then all 4 would be competing for the 2nd best qb.

The biggest problem with this scenario is that it is 100% certain that the Skins wouldn't take a qb at #21. The Pukes are also very unlikely to draft a qb at #22 and the Pukes have another pick at #28. AND after the Pukes follow a bunch of other teams that are very unlikely to take a qb -- #23 Pittsburgh, #24 Tennessee, #25 Seattle, #26 Jacksonville, #27 San Diego, #28 Pukes again. So how do you convince the bidders that they have to come in at #21 to get the qb?

Archived