Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thought provoking article from Newsweek

B&G

Hurl Provoking article is more Like it.:puke:

------------------

In one respect, I believe that the Bush administration is right: this war will look better when it is over.

Given this situation, perhaps what is most surprising is that the world has not ganged up on America already.

PART III: WHERE BUSH WENT WRONG

George W. Bush came into office with few developed ideas about foreign policy.

Yet other conservatives, a number of whom became powerful within the administration, had a more sweeping agenda.

Both observations were accurate.

In its first year the administration withdrew from five international treaties—and did so as brusquely as it could. It reneged on virtually every diplomatic effort that the Clinton administration had engaged in, from North Korea to the Middle East...

(President Bush has placed a portrait of Theodore Roosevelt in the White House. TR’s most famous words of advice are worth recalling: “Speak softly and carry a big stick.”)

NATO has its limitations, which were powerfully revealed during the Kosovo campaign, but the signal this sent to our closest allies was that America didn’t need them.

President Bush has, after all, worked with the United Nations on Iraq, increased foreign aid by 50 percent, announced a $15 billion AIDS program and formally endorsed a Palestinian state. Yet none of these actions seems to earn him any good will.

But should the guiding philosophy of the world’s leading democracy really be the tough talk of a Chicago mobster?

In diplomacy, style is often substance. Consider this fact: the Clinton administration used force on three important occasions—Bosnia, Haiti and Kosovo. In none of them did it take the matter to the United Nations Security Council, and there was little discussion that it needed to do so.

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

All this liberal SHI T Is making me want to puke. I can't take any more I couldn't get through the article sorry. When ever an article starts out with "The Arrogant Empire " and has a bunch of posers standing around waiting to get paid for holding up the crappy signs... well I just Hit the X in the top right hand corner 9 times out of ten. And this article is the main reason why. Objective it is not. My stomach is incenced at what I just put it through. OPen mind MY a$$. this crap stinks.

"PART III: WHERE BUSH WENT WRONG

George W. Bush came into office with few developed ideas about foreign policy. "

Talk about a stupid thing to say God forgive me but I am cussing up a storm on this end. A guy with a few developing Idea's sure did act quick to get the worlds attention of where this country stands. the stupid treaties and stupid agreements made BY Clinton is what arguably got us in this mess. How in the hell can he Go and Praise Clinton and dump on Bush Beat's the **** out of me. Clinton Had Ben in his hands but let him go to knock out our trade towers.

"Given this situation, perhaps what is most surprising is that the world has not ganged up on America already."

What is this idiot talking about. WE put this worlds feet back underneath it after the World war 2.

Like I need to hear historical facts to get his slant shoved down my throat no Thank you you can have it. This article reaked!!!!!

Archived