Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jim Zorn jerseys on eBay

GibbsRedskin

Just curious. How much play-calling had Andy Reid done when the Eagles hired him? Also, can you tell me what Reid's job title was in Green Bay when the Eagles hired him? Also, can you tell me which head coach Reid was working under when the Eagles hired him?

Start answering those questions and you'll quickly understand why they are relevant.

Andy Reid's success is an extreme rarity, but I obviously hope Zorn (and thus the Skins and us fans too) can replicate some of that success. Like Reid, Zorn has never even called a play in the NFL. Unike Reid, who served as QB coach for only two years before becoming HC in Philly, Zorn had been in that role for NINE years (two with Detroit, seven with Seattle). If he was deemed coordinator or HC material, or had a remarkably innovative offensive mind, or was such an incredible leader of men, why didn't he get a promotion to *at least* offensive coordinator in all those years?

The simple fact is Zorn wouldn't be the Skins head coach today if Snyder hadn't run out of other choices because of the way he handled the whole process and, maybe to put it more fairly, the lack of quality HC candidates this offseason. (C'mon, Fassel? Pleeeeease.) I worry about Zorn having to 1) incorporate and teach an entirely new offense, 2) mentor Campbell, and 3) learn how to be and function as a HC for the first time in any capacity. First game is in six months.

Again, I hope I'm wrong. And regardless of my doubts and my expectation of a very painful season coming up, he seems like a great guy and deserves every chance to succeed, mostly because he's the HC of OUR Washington Redskins. I'm going to cheer my a55 for the guy.

Archived