Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Upshaw: Players to accept urine HGH testing

blitzpackage

Once it's developed..........:rolleyes:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3225163

PHOENIX -- NFL players will consent to a urine test for human growth hormone once such a test is developed. Scientists, however, appear to be closer to developing a blood test for HGH, which stimulates growth and cell reproduction in humans.

"We all know there is no reliable test for HGH," Gene Upshaw, executive director of the NFL Players' Association, said Thursday at the union's Super Bowl news conference. "Until a test is developed for HGH, there's really not an awful lot to talk about. And when that test is developed, we really believe it should be a urine test. No one is interested in a blood test. We got a lot of big tough guys, but they don't even like to be pricked on the finger to give blood." :doh:

Commissioner Roger Goodell has said repeatedly since taking office just before the 2006 season that the league would implement a test for HGH as soon as one was found.

I personally think this is a good thing. It may detract from the overall experience somewhat, but hopefully it will curb some of the injuries. I have no evidence to back that up, just wishful thinking I guess. These guys are getting way too big and even faster and sometimes it makes you wonder how. Maybe it is just an evolution in training regiments, but there has to be quite a few guilty of using HGH at the moment.

There's just no place for any type of cheating in any professional sports league IMO (see Rodney Harrison :) ).

Once it's developed..........:rolleyes:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3225163

PHOENIX -- NFL players will consent to a urine test for human growth hormone once such a test is developed. Scientists, however, appear to be closer to developing a blood test for HGH, which stimulates growth and cell reproduction in humans.

"We all know there is no reliable test for HGH," Gene Upshaw, executive director of the NFL Players' Association, said Thursday at the union's Super Bowl news conference. "Until a test is developed for HGH, there's really not an awful lot to talk about. And when that test is developed, we really believe it should be a urine test. No one is interested in a blood test. We got a lot of big tough guys, but they don't even like to be pricked on the finger to give blood." :doh:

Commissioner Roger Goodell has said repeatedly since taking office just before the 2006 season that the league would implement a test for HGH as soon as one was found.

I personally think this is a good thing. It may detract from the overall experience somewhat, but hopefully it will curb some of the injuries. I have no evidence to back that up, just wishful thinking I guess. These guys are getting way too big and even faster and sometimes it makes you wonder how. Maybe it is just an evolution in training regiments, but there has to be quite a few guilty of using HGH at the moment.

There's just no place for any type of cheating in any professional sports league IMO (see Rodney Harrison :) ).

You mean see the Patriots right?:cheers:

Archived