Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Blog: Assistant coaches need action

rtandler

Treating the coaching staff this way is just down right disrespectful and one of those coaches I idolize in the same manner as I idolize Joe Gibbs, that's Joe Bugel. Danny has Joe Gibbs call all of the coaches and apologize about the way this has been handled and let them know that it will be at least 2 more weeks before a decision is made.

It just sounds cheap to have somebody else do your dirty work for you. Seems like he's using Joe, knowing the respect he commands from the coaches, that they will not rebel against the organization if it's coming from Joe. I don't know, it just seems cheap to me.

I've always had respect for Danny and would defend him to other fans about how he tries because he's always been a Redskins fan but this is where I part company. He doesn't even have the decency to make these calls himself and leave these men hanging.

I have no respect for Danny, none at all. I'll always root for the Redskins but I'll never spend another dime on this team. The damage is done Danny, no matter who you hire at this point, you have done irreversible damage to the team and the fans of what used to be a proud organization.

I don't agree. GW seems like the type of guy who would want it done his way and wouldn't back down if Snyder wanted it differently.

I think this is the only reason that GW may not be hired. Because he's not going to be some pansy-yesman while he's being held responsible for whats going on the field. Say what you want about GW, but the dude is a MAN. He's rough, he's ****y, and he's a stern disiplinarian...but you know what, i have the impression that the dude cares. And i think this is why so many people are backing him.

Awesome post. The Danny is doing great damage to the reputation of the Redskins with the way he is treating the assistant coaches.

Please, if he was hiring anyone other than williams immediately you'd say he wasn't doing due dillegence.

Archived