Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

David Terrell (RFA)

michael_33

I know this will probably not happen,but a guy can only dream.

I wish some stupid team out there,decides they have interest in Terrell for whatever reason so we could get a draft pick back for what were giving up this year.

I can only assume it would be an improvement.

The fact that he's our only restricted free agent.

But,I believe we will move Ohelete to FS,while (maybe)signing Matt Bowens to play our SS.(If GB doesn't match the offer,which I doubt they will).

What would we get in return if a team grabbed Terrell from us anyway?(draft pick wise)

Like I said,a man can only dream!

Well,I actually had to look it up at Football Draft History.

David Terrell was our 6th pick in the 7th round in 1998,so I'm assuming we would just get a 7th round pick for whoever who want to take him.

Wow,sounds like a steal!...........For us!!

That could be Tony Romo sits to pee,or a bid DT to fill our gaps or something.

Anything would be better than holding on to him anyways.

Originally posted by Posse81

Terrell is worth more to me than a seventh rounder. Hes a pretty good special teams player and can provide depth at both the CB and FS positions.

I agree-he'd be worth a near minimum contract to fill that roll-and I wouldn't think he'd be a starter somewhere else.

What Posse81 said. We're down on him because we had to start him. Remember that he had to convert from CB, his natural position, to FS because we had to cut Carrier two years ago. But he's a good nickel/dime back and special teamer.

No, absolutely not. We do not want to lose Terrell for a 7th round pick. He's at best an adequate starter -- but how many strong back-ups, strong special-teamers, and mediocre starters are you going to get with a 7th round pick?

I personally think Terrell is an extremely valuable player for us. First of all, he is not a safety at all, yet he played admirably for 2 seasons in such a role. It was Marty's idiotic idea of fitting a square peg in a round hole. Is that really David's fault? C'mon guys, we all saw him play well as a 3rd corner and he is great in man coverage. He is also a valuable special teamer and versatile backup. We're not talking about Matt Stevens here.

Losing Terrell for a 7th rounder would be a bad thing- whether you think he is garbage or not. That is the reality of the situation.

Of course, he's grossly overpaid at 600,000, right? And he was only part of top 10 pass defenses two years in a row- shame on him! :doh: :rolleyes:

I'm with you, chief.

Terrell is not a pretty good special teams player. He is an outstanding special teams player. Don't underestimate his value in that regard.

As a DB, Terrell seemed to play his best when covering slot receivers in the short zones. That's exactly what you want from a nickle or dime back. Plus, he can step in and start immediately in case of injury.

Terrell didn't give us enough playmaking ability at the safety position. And he was slow, at times, at helping out in deep coverage. But I don't think he's NEARLY the liability some make him out to be. You NEED players like Terrell.

Archived