Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For me the losses will no longer hurt as much...

debba1

not because I think Gibbs needed to go, in fact this team is set up pretty good for next year WITH THIS SYSTEM and these core players thanks to Gibbs, but 99% of the hurt was due to all the criticism from the media and yes this and many other boards. I could not believe or stomach the criticism of a hall of fame coach, a coach who did "it" the right way, one of the greatest of all time and finally a coach who even in his second stint brought us to the playoffs twice in 4 years. Do the critics here and elsewhere realize that in the past 25 years plus we have only 1 playoff appearance without Gibbs? Gibbs, a coach that brought us 4 trips to and 3 wins in the superbowl along with multiple playoff appearances and wins. Well now we can go back to (insert coach here) ie. turner, petibone, spurrier, schotenheimer , blow up the team or better yet try to convince a veteren roster to buy into a new system and philosiphy when they had galvanized with a truly great coach and person...Gibbs. I do believe that the harsh criticism played a roll in all this, no i'am not saying that is reason to walk away, but a proud, hall of fame coach with nothing to prove does not need that. Good luck Redskins, here we go again!

Archived