Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another thank God for Portis thread.

bleedsb&G

I know you guys remember when one of our biggest problems was finding a SOLID running back. Let's look at our past history, shall we? Trung Candidate. (LOL) Kenny Watson, who I think was OK, but not starter material. Good ol' Stephen Davis, I loved that guy, and it sucks that we had to get rid of him when we did.

Now look at us, we have good ol' CP carrying the rock. Can you honestly picture anyone else BUT CP (with a healthy dose of Ladell) running us straight through the playoffs? Just a little food for thought, because in my 28 year old mind, CP has the heart and the talent that we were sorely lacking since Davis took off. Sorry, I just can't wait until tomorrow and had to do something to pass the time! HTTR!! :cheers:

Also, he is peaking at exactly the right time. His vision is back and his moves in the open field are making good tacklers look silly. This is a big advantage over 05 when he was playing all banged up. Coupled with our passing game with Collins and we should really be able to take some pressure off the Defense. GO SKINS!!!

He also had a terrific stretch down the road in 05 to get us in the playoffs. I remember him having awesome runs against the Rams, Cards, and Eagles that year during the winning streak, and I believe he was over 100 in most if not all 5 of those games in 05.

There is a great article on Redskins.com where Al Saunders is the interviewee and he had this to say about CP:

In this league, there is no offense that has a one-dimensional back and succeeds. You're running backs have to be three-dimensional. They have to be able to run, first and foremost. Secondly, they have to be able to pass receivers. Third, they have to be pass blockers. If you look at the great offenses in the NFL, and the offenses that are really successful, their running backs are all three-dimensional guys. Clinton has those skills. It's just that he has never really been asked to be a big part of the passing game. Now he is asked to do that and he was NFC Offensive Player of the Week two weeks ago. It wasn't just because of his running, it was because of his pass catching.

I am REALLY excited about CP's transformation into a Faulk/Holmes type of back.

Archived