Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We won't have a CB to pick on this time! Seattle will be tough!

coldpacker

I re-watched the last few games b/c I'm a big fan dork. One thing i noticed was our gameplan. We took advantage of inexperienced corners. We won't have that same luxury against Seattle.

Cowboys game:

Jacques Reeves

http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0022767

I beleive Terrance Newman was out, a scary corner. Jacques Reeves, a 4th year Cowboys CB, was constantly abused by Santana Moss. He gave up the double move go-route to Moss

Vikings game:

Marcus McCauley

http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0025459

This guy was picked on ALL day. He gave up 2 TDs. 1 jump ball into double coverage which Moss came down with and he bit on a trick play Portis - to - El in the redzone. Antoine Winfield, a very capable corner, sat out the game. I'm sure those TDs wouldn't have came so easy if he started.

Seattle upcoming game:

Marcus Trufant, wow that guy is good. Kelly Jennings, yet another very good CB. Both corners are speedy and that can play on an island. Not to mention, they have great speed at LB. I'd say they have an undersized DE in Darryl Tapp but Patrick Kerney scares me. Stephen Heyer will be tested in this game. I anticipate a light day for Cooley, as he'll be used for blocking on Kerney's side.

Seattle's ****ing soft. They're a passing team with a decent defense which is highly overrated due to all the sacks and turnovers they ran up against their weak ass division. I have full confidence that GW can shut down any offense that's one dimentional, and the Seahawks surely are. I don't think this one will be very tough and Portis is going to have room to run. We're coming for ya Dallas, you know it too and you want nothing to do with it.

Seattle's defense is highly overated.

Defense vs Their Opponents Offenses Averages

Total Ranking = 15th - 18.75

PTS Per Game = 18.2 - 20.04

Passing Rankings = 19th - 16.69

Rushing Rankings = 12th - 20.75

Take a close look at their rankings and average rankings of the teams they faced for 16 games. They have the nineteenth ranked pass D against the 16th ranked passing teams (on average) they have faced this year. Look at the run defense. They have garnered only the 12th ranked run defense against the on average 21st ranked rushing teams this year.

We will run at will on this team in the rain and cold.

Also keep in mind that although they did get 45 sacks this year, 31 of those came in eight games against the 10 worst pass protection teams. The skins are ranked 13th in pass protection and give up 1.81 sacks per game. In the games that Seattle played anyone in the top 22 in pass protection they came away with a paltry 1.75 sacks per game. We acquired our 1.81 sacks allowed per game while playing the top 10 teams in sacks 10 times.

We are fine for this game on paper. All we have to do is come out fired up and not shoot ourselves in the foot. Seattle fans can thump their chests all they want but the stats don't lie. They have acquired their status only because they played the worst teams in the league and they are only above average in two categories (Passing and Sacks). Meanwhile the skins are above average in most categories while playing the 2nd hardest schedule and we are only playing our best football lately.

Archived