Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Turnovers would have been a huge help for us this season...too bad we barely get any.

akorn22

The washington redskins are ranked 29th out of 32 when it comes to interceptions (we only have 9 all season and 5 of them were taylor's). We have 14 forced fumbles on defense, but we only recovered 8 of them (the bottom of the league in defensive recovered fumbles is 5). I really wish we had been better at forcing turnovers. It's gotten to the point where I don;t ever expect to get a turnover on defense. WHen our defense comes out our only hope is to stop the other team on downs. The possibility of getting an interceptoin rarely crosses my mind anymore when it comes to this team. It would have really made a difference in this season. Those close games we lost (all except the pats game) would have probably been wins if we had the ability to force turnovers.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what the problem is? Is it our players or our coaching? Why can;t we do what many other defenses do and help out our offense by getting picks?

Archived