Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

possible draft scenario

Fun & Gun

(dt, no wr good enough here)

1st round: Dewayne Robertson: Kentucky: Will help us replace gardner on defense.

(ol, since we adressed our dt in round 1)

2nd Round: Vince Manuwoi: Hawaii: Will help us in the offensive line, gives us more depth too.

(wr, our 3rd need)

3rd round: Kelly Washington or Brandon Lloyd: Washington's stock is dropping and we could land him. If we get Lloyd, we could be getting another Marvin Harrison.

(safety here, we could also get more depth on dL or ol)

4th Round: Ken Hamlin or doss or palumali might still be here: If we can get one of these, we would be a solid team. Some players alway drop every year that were rated high earlier.

picking up one of those safties in the third is more realistic-and if not I say get another D-lineman and a WR in the 4th or5th. I'm an advocate for Nate Burelson-Nevada. No top WR in the draft will help immediatly anyway-lets get the "need now" players first-next years players/back-ups in later rounds

wasington will be gone in the first and, i believe we will be the ones taking him with the thirteenth pick

mauwi has taken a big hit in the draft and will last till the third round

no of the safties you mentioned will last till the fourth round

We should stay at 13 and pick the best available offensive lineman available (Eric Steinbech). Then in the second round take the best defensive lineman available (up for debate). Then, in the 3rd, take our speed wr. (Shaun McDonald).

If Steinbach is gone by 13, then take the best defensive lineman available (to be determined), then pick up Jeff Fain or Manewie (spelling?). Then in the 3rd round again take a wr.

We must address those 3 areas in the first three rounds.

In addition, picking up Thomas in FA would solidify our O-Line for a long time.

Although I would be ecstatic to have Robertson, Manuwai, Washington, Hamlin I think that is not likely given that many of the players will be gone before the round you indicated.

I think the following is more likely:

1st Round: Eric Steinbach G-T Iowa OR DeWayne Robertson DT Kentucky OR William Joseph DT Miami

2nd Round: Depends on Round 1 -

If we take the G in round 1 then I would like to take a defensive player - DeWayne White DE Louisville or Ken Hamlin S Arkansas - if we go WR I would like: Kelley Washington WR Tennessee or Talman Gardner WR Florida St.

If we take the DT in round one then either a WR or Torrin Tucker G Southern Miss or Vince Manuwai G Hawaii

3rd Round: Willis MaGahee RB Miami or Kareem Kelly WR USC or Derrick Dockery G Texas or Montrae Holland G Florida St

4th Round: Shane Walton CB Notre Dame or Jimmy Wilkerson DE Oklahoma or Eric Manning DT Ole Miss or Ian Scott DT Florida or Justin Gage WR Missouri

So we could easily address many of our needs:

G: Eric Steinbach

DE: DeWayne White

RB of Future (or Present): Willis MaGahee

DT: Eric Manning

OR

DT: DeWayne Robertson

WR: Kelley Washington

G: Derrick Dockery

DE: Jimmy Wilkerson

That draft coupled with possible FA pickups:

WR: Ike Hilliard or Oronde Gadsden or Kevin Dyson

G: Randy Thomas or Mo Collins

K: Morten Andersen or John Hall

P: Tom Tupa

DE: Kenny Holmes

DT: Chester McGlockton

Backup QB: Kent Graham, Charlie Batch

I hopeful the Skins won't go out and grab another top FA name as opposed to filling need. I was personally shocked that we spent the money on Trotter last year when we had some good young LBs. If they do it better be D-Line or O-Line.

Let's hope we have a good offseason to put the Skins back on track!

-

Archived