Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cb A Need

HateNMyEyez

No way Seattle lets him go. Even if they do, we'll be competing with teams that are 20 million below the current cap while we are at 19 million above it. Those teams will get the good free agents.

Think we'll pull a magic trick and free up a lot of space? Think again. We needed Leonard Davis or Dockery in the worst way this year and because we didn't have much money to compete, we just let Dockery walk and couldn't even get close for Davis.

Think we might would have rather had Clements than Smoot? Why is it that you think we didn't get him instead? Could it be that we didn't have the money?

yeah, we'll sign a few free agents... but nobody like Trufant. We don't have the $$ to compete. Just like we didn't this year.

And people use the injuries as an excuse for this team's record. If they would stop restructuring every expensive contract every year in order to sign more 'luxury' players, perhaps they'd have the depth they needed to overcome these injuries.

It's more a bout the lack of draft picks in my opinion, when it comes to depth. The picks wasted on Duckett and Lloyd would have made for some good young prospects that wouldn't have cost much against the cap at all.

They have an opportunity to get back on the right track with this draft since they have all but one of their picks next year.

It's more a bout the lack of draft picks in my opinion, when it comes to depth. The picks wasted on Duckett and Lloyd would have made for some good young prospects that wouldn't have cost much against the cap at all.

They have an opportunity to get back on the right track with this draft since they have all but one of their picks next year.

I agree. They have wasted far too many picks on trades. However, just keeping their picks does not mean they know how to use them correctly.

This team has not shown the ability to make impactful draft choices in the later rounds. Because of this, I can't see how they'd be 'set' after one draft.

They haven't really had the picks to prove anything because they are usually traded away. If they can get Blades, Golston/Montgomery type players or even guys like Heyer who were undrafted, it would help a lot.

And most of all, be patient enough to give those young players time to develop.

And most of all, be patient enough to give those young players time to develop.

And, in the interest in keeping on topic, not pursue overpriced free agents so that they are able to resign their own when the time comes - without having to restructure all the overpriced contracts they already have.

And, in the interest in keeping on topic, not pursue overpriced free agents so that they are able to resign their own when the time comes - without having to restructure all the overpriced contracts they already have.

Overpriced free agents aren't the issue as far as that goes. Bust free agents that you have to cut the following year is what hurts.

For example, it wasn't high dollar free agents (Griffin, Springs...) that cost us Antonio Pierce or Fred Smoot the first time around. It was the 9 million dollar cap hit for trading Coles.

But yeah, stay low key in free agency unless you know 100% that it's a fit. Be smart with it an things should be fine.

I'm tired of Free Agents. I'd rather draft a guy in the 1st 3 rounds with the potential of moving Springs to Safety if needed.

We finally have 1st day picks. Use them for young depth.

I'm tired of Free Agent big spending, but I don't mind moves for players such as London Fletcher and Pete Kendall, especially if they are supplemented by a strong draft.

Overpriced free agents aren't the issue as far as that goes. Bust free agents that you have to cut the following year is what hurts.

For example, it wasn't high dollar free agents (Griffin, Springs...) that cost us Antonio Pierce or Fred Smoot the first time around. It was the 9 million dollar cap hit for trading Coles.

But yeah, stay low key in free agency unless you know 100% that it's a fit. Be smart with it an things should be fine.

I disagree. If they didn't overspend and renegotiate contracts every single year they would be able to handle the big cap hits that come with a failed free agent. It's all part of the overall philosophy of this organization - spend every penny available under the cap, and hope you hit a home run with every free agent. And it's a philosophy that is failing badly.

u redskin fans have 0 football knowledge

we have no pass rush and u wanna sign a CB?

we got 3 top 10 drafted players on our secondary we dont need any more players.

no pass rush would make ed reed and asante samuels look bad

Pass rush is a need too. But secondary is a need also when you consider:

1- We probably won't have Springs next year

2- We lost Sean

3- Rogers is coming off of a severe knee injury

4- Smoot is ok, but injury prone.

Makes not addressing the secondary a little bit dicey.

Bottom line, it's not like the Redskins can't address both needs.

I disagree. If they didn't overspend and renegotiate contracts every single year they would be able to handle the big cap hits that come with a failed free agent. It's all part of the overall philosophy of this organization - spend every penny available under the cap, and hope you hit a home run with every free agent. And it's a philosophy that is failing badly.

I see it the other way. If they didn't have to cut one bust free agent every year, they wouldn't have to renegotiate contracts. Most teams would struggle to take a 9 million dollar cap hit. A 9 million dollar cap hit is the equivalent of 3-4 high dollar free agent signings.

I see it the other way. If they didn't have to cut one bust free agent every year, they wouldn't have to renegotiate contracts. Most teams would struggle to take a 9 million dollar cap hit. A 9 million dollar cap hit is the equivalent of 3-4 high dollar free agent signings.

Well it's basically a chicken or the egg scenario...the bottom line is that whatever they're doin' ain't workin'. And it's time to fix it.

Pass rush is a need too. But secondary is a need also when you consider:

1- We probably won't have Springs next year

2- We lost Sean

3- Rogers is coming off of a severe knee injury

4- Smoot is ok, but injury prone.

Makes not addressing the secondary a little bit dicey.

Bottom line, it's not like the Redskins can't address both needs.

carlos rogers will be fine, rodney harrison came back from the same surgery.

carlos is very young and he will recover fast

Archived