Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The only good that i can see come out of this tragedy

bigroddy76

I have nephew that is coming into his own as an athlete,and is getting alot of attention from colleges. LSU,FSU, GT, among them. All the attention that he is recieving and accollades from family and friends can start to give him a big head.

But when i see reports about a pacman, vick,and now SEAN TAYLOR, try to tell him to look at the bad choices that some of these players have made...look at the results of those choices. God has given him an ability to do great things on the field,but he has to try and be the best person he can be off the field. Work harder and be dedicated and humble, because it can all be taken away. Either for a small period of time or forever........I AM A HUGE SKINS FAN AND I AM NOT SAYING THAT SEAN CAUSED THIS ON HIMSELF. WE MAY NEVER KNOW THE WHOLE TRUTH.

The silver lining of the whole situation is . God allows things to happen according to his masterplan. The passing of sean taylor has affected millions of people. The story would not have been as prominent and tragic(to the media and general fan) if it was someone who was a marginal talent in a small market. Not that any one life if less important......But this was SEAN FREAKIN TAYLOR! He was known by everyone who is a fan of the NFL...WAS ON HIS WAY TO BEING THE BEST EVER POSSIBLY.......But then god allowed someone with all the physical attributes, good looks, plenty money, unlimited upside to be taken away. God is not a respector of persons, and this shows that if it can happen to him it can happen to any of us.

I pray that the young players coming up now will use the story of SEAN TAYLOR as motivation to do your talking on the field, stay humble, keep your circle of friends small, dont ever take what god has given you for granted. I honestly feel that my nephew has gotten the picture and will conduct himself accordingly.....the story wont save all players coming up but it will have a tremendous effect on most young athletes....this is the only good that i can see come out of this story..............JUST MY:2cents: OPINION

Maybe next year at the mandatory rookie seminar, some of the players will listen to what Goodell is saying and realize he is trying to help them. But I don't expect that the effect will last for long.

I know a lot of people on this board don't respect Deion Sanders, but he appears to have made a huge transition in his life for the better. Last year, he was asked about how falling into large amounts of money changes players for the worse. He said, and I'm paraphrasing here, "Money doesn't make you a bad person, money allows you to be the person you really are."

It used to be that college was a transitional phase for players, where they could find respect for themselves. Now colleges need the players much more than the players need the colleges. They don't try to fit in, they don't have coaches with the cajones to break them down. You never hear a story about a former Bobby Knight player living under a bridge or getting shot outside a strip club. Unfortunately, there are very few coaches like that any more. UT is a second alma mater for me, and every summer I have to hear that one or two players are arrested. Discipline appears to be handled by the PR department. Generally, the players are suspended for one or two games - for Texas, that means the team has to play short handed against Southwest Louisiana School for the Blind and Vassar. So no one ever pays a price for bad behavior - unless you were third string, then you're gone.

Archived