Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs is the best person for this team right now

SkinzFoLife

Gibbs is a man of compassion, conviction and spirituality and thats what this team needs right now. I couldn't think of anyone better to lead a team through this kind of adversity right now.

Mark Schlreth (sp?) actually speaks on this in an interview on the Mike and Mike show this morning.

Go to this link, then in the video box, its the last video.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3129406

To so many of these players, Gibbs is like a father figure and what may be his negatives on the football field can be positives in times such as this. Gibbs will pull his team through this, they will rally behind the memory of ST.

Win or lose the rest of the season, believe you me, that GIBBs will have them playing their hearts out.

RIP and HAIL to Sean Tayler, A REDSKIN FOREVER!

Guest sith lord

I've been as critical of Gibbs as anyone over the past year and a half, but there's not a coach I'll rather have leading the Skins during this tragic time than Gibbs.

Gibbs really is like a dad, and as much as you want to hate him after every loss, you can't. His spirituality is exactly what is needed in the situation, to help lead the team through these tough times. Although he says he doesn't know what to do, God has really given him the chance to be the team's rock.

Gibbs is a man of compassion, conviction and spirituality and thats what this team needs right now. I couldn't think of anyone better to lead a team through this kind of adversity right now.

Mark Schlreth (sp?) actually speaks on this in an interview on the Mike and Mike show this morning.

Go to this link, then in the video box, its the last video.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3129406

To so many of these players, Gibbs is like a father figure and what may be his negatives on the football field can be positives in times such as this. Gibbs will pull his team through this, they will rally behind the memory of ST.

Win or lose the rest of the season, believe you me, that GIBBs will have them playing their hearts out.

RIP and HAIL to Sean Tayler, A REDSKIN FOREVER!

Great post, I agree with you 100%.

Funny how I was just having this same EXACT conversation with a co-worker and my sister (via email).

It makes me think of how Joe Gibbs spoke on his decision to return to the Redskins after so many years away from the game. He spoke of how God seemed to continually open the doors for him to return to the Washington sidelines, and how he ultimately felt it was time to take the helm again.

Perhaps Joe was not really led back to the team necessarily to "return us to glory", but because he was going to be the right man for the job at hand right now?

Archived