Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs and Williams Post Tampa Game Words to Fans outside of Stadium

Jess_in_beachtown_nc

Guys.... I know it's kinda somber around here right now ..... I got the phone call from my mom when i was heading on my flight out of tampa this morning but something happened yesterday after the game that really made me smile and left a good impression on "non skins fans" in tampa.

After the game there were about 30-40 skins fans hanging arround Raymond James Stadium for the usual after game autograph sessions...

Most of the guys were super bummed but both Joe and Greg made it a point to QUIET down the fans and apologize for the loss.

I don't remember what Greg said word for word but Joe said he was sorry for the loss and that he really appreciated all of our support.

After he did that a couple of the security staff and lingering Bucs fans said he was "one hell of a guy" and a "pretty stand up man".

I understand some people have issues with our coaching staff but they really do appreciate it when the fans stand behind them. They, along with the players, understand that without us they are nothing.

We have our right to complain, and god knows Joe's heard it all, but they are still humble men who understand our frustrations and feel it themselves.

Joe and Greg really are great coaches.

P.S. The guy I was standing next to said something about Gibbs asking for a 3 year extention on his contract........ Anyone heard anything about this?????

Archived