Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Slingbox - NetGear Router - Port Forwarding - Remote Viewing Help!

Southtown

I went out this weekend and bought a Slingbox AV.

Here is my set up. In my living room I have the cable box, Slingbox and wireless router. In my bedroom I have the modem, computer and a wireless USB adapter. I can get the Slingbox to work on the computer.

I want the Slingbox to work on my cell phone. I have the Slingplayer already installed but I am not set up for remote viewing.

I called Slingbox and they trouble-shooted and said the problem is with my router. It is not saving my port forwarding changes. The router is older and was previously set up on another computer. I called NetGear but they won't answer any questions because the router is past its one year warranty.

I plan on having the tech guys at work help me out on Monday...but hopefully someone here has come across this problem before.

Any idea how I save the port forwarding changes on a used NetGear WGR614 router? I've followed the instructions on their site but it is not working.

:cheers:

Did you try updating the firmware for you router to the latest version? I would suggest trying that before anything else and see if you still have the same issue. Be very careful though when you do it...make sure you have the correct version of your router when you go to the Netgear downloads. Should be on a sticker on the bottom WGR614 v2, v3, etc.

Also, not knowing exactly what procedure you're following when setting up the forwarding, with most Netgear routers I've run across, if you make a change to one page, you have to save the settings on that exact page before you go to another settings page. In other words, you cannot make a whole list of changes on numerous settings pages and then just click "Save" or "Apply" once.

I know this may seem obvious, but it bit me hard once when I was setting up a router for a friend of mine.

Archived