Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tube Bar

USS Redskins

Wondering if anyone knows these tapes?

I first heard them in 1991 when I worked at a Indy CD store in Rockville, MD. The quality of the tapes werent too good but they are now remastered. The guy was on Howard Stern today and I was laughing my ass off.

This clown prank calls a bar in NJ, in the 70's, called the Tube Bar and harrassed the owner, Red. He asks for a guy named Mike Hunt and Red yells out the name - this is where that phrase originated - the calls get funnier as Red begins to catch on and starts to threaten the caller using heavy and funny profanity and physical violence. The names he is asked to yell out include, Pepe Roni, Ben Dover, Al Coholic among others.....

The Simpsons stole the idea and used just about every call somewhere along the way between Bart and Moe the bartender. I guess the Simpsons creator even admitted that Moe was based on Red at some point.

Anyway - if you like prank calls - this was the original. They inspired the Jerky Boys, Porky's, the Simpsons and Howard Stern! There are also some variations on You Tube - just type in Tube Bar.

www.tubebar.com

Archived