Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gasparilla!!

DaRock

Is anyone going to the gasparilla parade tomorrow? I've never been and wonder if it's worth taking off of work for. :cheers: It's a celebration in Tampa, ybor city, similar to mardi gras i've heard. Just moved here recently and wanted to get some inside info on this whole shindig. Any responses would be appreciated. :cheers:

I just moved here too. Apparently this thing is over 100 years old. I'm probably going to go. I've talked to a couple of coworkers who say it is a great event. Lots of drinking, partying etc.

I've heard that people come into Tampa every year just for this event. They're expecting like 200,000 people to attend this year.

Bro, it's CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYY. Comparison to mardi gras. They have the whole beads thing going. You know, with the woop woop flashing..Bars open everywhere..i can't remember the exact number of people that i was told were there last year but it was way the hell up there in numbers...I've heard it can get out of hand at times. :cheers: :tongue: :alcoholic :pimp:

It's awesome. I'll be there as well. We start at around 6 am at the Yacht Club and watch the Pirates get ready. Cool makeup artists and costumes. The parade is a blast as well.

If you plan on making a day of it, I HIGHLY recommend taking a siesta after the parade and head out to YBor at night.

For the parade, the farther AWAY from YBOR the better. It's less crowded (not desolate) and easier to watch and catch beads.

The best decription Ive ever heard is that it's what Mardi Gras used to be.

There are a couple of parades and parties. The big 2 are tomorrow and later in Feb (I dont know the actual date). Tomorrow is all day, the other one is a night time deal.

The parade tomorrow will start with the invasion of the pirates. THey come up the river to the hospital area and debark. Pretty cool to watch. Afterwards the parade itself will start AWAY from Ybor up (or is that down?) Bayshore. Then it winds back by the hospital, through downtown and ends in Ybor.

THere will be tons of parties all day and all night.

The night parade is pretty wild. Definitely not for children. Although this year they have reversed it so the parade (night parade) starts in YBOR and ends down at the port by Channelside.

Archived