Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

the conservative game plan approach

TheTotalPackage

gibbs said that he really thought that the defense would have a dominant day so they went conservative on offense...

okay...after thinking about this comment, i can't figure out how this makes sense. can someone explain it to me?

i feel that if your defense is truly dominating, that's when you feel that you can open the offense up. if you get a turnover, that's fine...your defense will get the ball back for you. if your defense is sucking but you're in the lead, you'd want to hold onto the ball as much as you can so you don't put it back on the defense and run the risk of getting scored on.

Gibbs reasoning would be totally contrary to the above sentiments so i figured maybe there was something i'm missing. anyone?

gibbs said that he really thought that the defense would have a dominant day so they went conservative on offense...

okay...after thinking about this comment, i can't figure out how this makes sense. can someone explain it to me?

i feel that if your defense is truly dominating, that's when you feel that you can open the offense up. if you get a turnover, that's fine...your defense will get the ball back for you. if your defense is sucking but you're in the lead, you'd want to hold onto the ball as much as you can so you don't put it back on the defense and run the risk of getting scored on.

Gibbs reasoning would be totally contrary to the above sentiments so i figured maybe there was something i'm missing. anyone?

umm how about the banged up o line that cant dominate for a full 60 minutes, people can get hurt on offense if the line cant block and put defensive players on their ass. How would you feel if you layed out for a pass cause your QB was pressured and got smashed or you get a hand off and the right side breaksdown and you get smashed some more... think about it, if you attempt to pass with a weak o line, the RB has to stay in and block, last i recall CP was better than Betts and our franchise QB was almost out for the season in a preseason game due to a rookie at Tackle let alone having 3 career backups fresh off the bench who barely even get reps coming into the season cause we all hoped the line would be healthy and intact... come on people stop acting like any offense can overcome poor offensive line play, this isnt madden football its real life and people can get hurt when you have poor blocking up front

umm how about the banged up o line that cant dominate for a full 60 minutes, people can get hurt on offense if the line cant block and put defensive players on their ass. How would you feel if you layed out for a pass cause your QB was pressured and got smashed or you get a hand off and the right side breaksdown and you get smashed some more... think about it, if you attempt to pass with a weak o line, the RB has to stay in and block, last i recall CP was better than Betts and our franchise QB was almost out for the season in a preseason game due to a rookie at Tackle let alone having 3 career backups fresh off the bench who barely even get reps coming into the season cause we all hoped the line would be healthy and intact... come on people stop acting like any offense can overcome poor offensive line play, this isnt madden football its real life and people can get hurt when you have poor blocking up front

mods shoud close this wack thread, another clueless ES member that had a blonde moment when it comes to football logic P.S. Clarification - why let the offense blow the game if they cant do anything, Gibbs said it himself he just wanted to win the game because the defense played EXTREMELY hard, he wanted to just run the clock out and get out of there with the win, thats why they play the game... to win... and at 4-2 why question the coaches logic... :doh:

mods shoud close this wack thread, another clueless ES member that had a blonde moment when it comes to football logic P.S. Clarification - why let the offense blow the game if they cant do anything, Gibbs said it himself he just wanted to win the game because the defense played EXTREMELY hard, he wanted to just run the clock out and get out of there with the win, thats why they play the game... to win... and at 4-2 why question the coaches logic... :doh:

yeah but putting them out on the field too long will eventually tire them. all that bending without much rest can cause them to eventually break. remember we only won because their kicker missed a FG he could've made. the offense owes it to the defense to at least sustain some drives to give them a break instead of back to back to back 3 and outs.

and I'M the clueless one? from now on, you're Clueless Zoe Jackson

yeah but putting them out on the field too long will eventually tire them. all that bending without much rest can cause them to eventually break. remember we only won because their kicker missed a FG he could've made. the offense owes it to the defense to at least sustain some drives to give them a break instead of back to back to back 3 and outs.

and I'M the clueless one? from now on, you're Clueless Zoe Jackson

im not assuming anything is simple football logic if you have a lead inwhich the offense barely did anything to keep the lead why not just run the clock out, we can barely run and barely pass the ball if our life depended on it. what is there to discuss? why open up a can of whoop ass when you have a jack in the box?

im not assuming anything is simple football logic if you have a lead inwhich the offense barely did anything to keep the lead why not just run the clock out, we can barely run and barely pass the ball if our life depended on it. what is there to discuss? why open up a can of whoop ass when you have a jack in the box?

no.

he said the offense was stagnant because he held back on the play calling....hence conservatism. we don't know how the offense would've performed if he had actually opened it up by even a little bit just to move the chains. it's ineffectiveness was solely due to the playcalling by design.

i say at least put some points on the board *fg or whatever* to put the game out of the way. at the end of the game, our destiny was in their hands, which defeated the purpose of being conservative.

no.

he said the offense was stagnant because he held back on the play calling....hence conservatism. we don't know how the offense would've performed if he had actually opened it up by even a little bit just to move the chains. it's ineffectiveness was solely due to the playcalling by design.

i say at least put some points on the board *fg or whatever* to put the game out of the way. at the end of the game, our destiny was in their hands, which defeated the purpose of being conservative.

put some points on the board? a offense is only as good as their offensive line, this line sucks and so does the offense end of story gibbs is protecting what offense he has left, i would hate to see CP go down or Campbell attempt a 5 step drop with a DL coming scott free a getting free shots at your playmakers due to poor O line performance, go a watch the film bro this O Line cant dominate the Line of scrimage last i checked thats the first thing football teams attempt to accomplish control the line of scrimage push guys around and knock people on the ass, what do you play rugby or something? this is american football buddy

put some points on the board? a offense is only as good as their offensive line, this line sucks and so does the offense end of story gibbs is protecting what offense he has left, i would hate to see CP go down or Campbell attempt a 5 step drop with a DL coming scott free a getting free shots at your playmakers due to poor O line performance, go a watch the film bro this O Line cant dominate the Line of scrimage last i checked thats the first thing football teams attempt to accomplish control the line of scrimage push guys around and knock people on the ass, what do you play rugby or something? this is american football buddy

Man, you should be head coach, ya think you can take a 5-11 team to 4-2 the next year. LEAVE GIBBS ALONE

Man, you should be head coach, ya think you can take a 5-11 team to 4-2 the next year. LEAVE GIBBS ALONE

never touched rugby. i played linebacker.

what i'm saying is if that was his reasoning for doing it, then he'd have said "our o line is banged up, but we were ahead so we just played it safe" that's NOT what he said. he basically said our defense was killing so we just let them have the ball.

regardless of whether the line is hurt or not, the offense's responsibility is to try to move the chains as much as possible. by your logic they might as well take a knee down after down.

never touched rugby. i played linebacker.

what i'm saying is if that was his reasoning for doing it, then he'd have said "our o line is banged up, but we were ahead so we just played it safe" that's NOT what he said. he basically said our defense was killing so we just let them have the ball.

regardless of whether the line is hurt or not, the offense's responsibility is to try to move the chains as much as possible. by your logic they might as well take a knee down after down.

Archived