Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why can't Portis be a 3rd down back?

CmTerpsNSkins

lol i like portis but he's nowhere near a top 5 back no matter how healthy his o-line is.

Listen I cant predict how he would do behind all our healthy starters. But if you seriously believe that there is not difference between running behind fabini wade and pucillo compared to Jansen, Thomas and Rabach then you are ingnorant. Truly Ingnorant, we only run to our left side now BECAUSE we cant get in done on the right side. It would be really easy to stop any caliber RB if you knew he is going to run to the left everytime. GET YOUR **** STRAIGHT

lol i like portis but he's nowhere near a top 5 back no matter how healthy his o-line is.

Listen I cant predict how he would do behind all our healthy starters. But if you seriously believe that there is not difference between running behind fabini wade and pucillo compared to Jansen, Thomas and Rabach then you are ingnorant. Truly Ingnorant, we only run to our left side now BECAUSE we cant get in done on the right side. It would be really easy to stop any caliber RB if you knew he is going to run to the left everytime. GET YOUR **** STRAIGHT

tone dubbz your making personal comments about whats doing on, if your panties are in a bunch cause you want CP to do better i cant change your mind but football starts with the line of scrimmage and CP cant block for him self

No doubt, my bad. I'm just tired of people coming up with excuses. CP should be playing a lot better then he currently is right now. Bu the's not, and he's running his mouth without backing it up. I can't cut him too much slack, because you can only blame then line for so much.

I know he can't block for himself, but why can't this guy even break a tackle now? He can't even go heads up with a DB with going down. That has nothing to do with the OLine.

tone dubbz your making personal comments about whats doing on, if your panties are in a bunch cause you want CP to do better i cant change your mind but football starts with the line of scrimmage and CP cant block for him self

No doubt, my bad. I'm just tired of people coming up with excuses. CP should be playing a lot better then he currently is right now. Bu the's not, and he's running his mouth without backing it up. I can't cut him too much slack, because you can only blame then line for so much.

I know he can't block for himself, but why can't this guy even break a tackle now? He can't even go heads up with a DB with going down. That has nothing to do with the OLine.

LOL....put any top 5 back in the NFL behind Todd Wade and Fabini and see what you get.....not to mention Pete Kendall isn't even close to what Dockery was.....and Rabach isn't having his best year either....LOL! Sure....Portis went from 2nd in the league behind Tomlinson 2 years ago....now he just sucks! No reasons....he's just gotten slower and sloppier in the past 2 years and he sucks! That's the answer....just blame Clinton! LOL! Football starts with the o-line and d-line.....once you figure out we are playing with back-ups you will understand

LOL....put any top 5 back in the NFL behind Todd Wade and Fabini and see what you get.....not to mention Pete Kendall isn't even close to what Dockery was.....and Rabach isn't having his best year either....LOL! Sure....Portis went from 2nd in the league behind Tomlinson 2 years ago....now he just sucks! No reasons....he's just gotten slower and sloppier in the past 2 years and he sucks! That's the answer....just blame Clinton! LOL! Football starts with the o-line and d-line.....once you figure out we are playing with back-ups you will understand

Actually, from what was written from the coaches and players mouths, Kendall is probably an upgrade over the "overrated" Dockery. I agree that the injuries to the OLine is hurting the running game, but watching Portis go down by one person and the inability to break "a" tackle is ridiculous. How the hell can he get tackled by a line man with only one arm free while tacking on the OLine man. If he doesn't have the power to break a tackle from a line with one free arm, then something is definitely wrong.

I'm not saying Portis sucks, by its obvious he's not the same runner from 2 years ago.......no matter what condition the line is in.

Actually, from what was written from the coaches and players mouths, Kendall is probably an upgrade over the "overrated" Dockery. I agree that the injuries to the OLine is hurting the running game, but watching Portis go down by one person and the inability to break "a" tackle is ridiculous. How the hell can he get tackled by a line man with only one arm free while tacking on the OLine man. If he doesn't have the power to break a tackle from a line with one free arm, then something is definitely wrong.

I'm not saying Portis sucks, by its obvious he's not the same runner from 2 years ago.......no matter what condition the line is in.

football games are 60 minutes and a season is 16 games, if you have 3 career backups and a rookie blocking for you do you think after battling season ending injuries portis is going to just stick it in there every play? he's our best blocker when he stays in on pass protection i think the O Line respects CP and wish they could do more than just block the guy infront of them, i miss the days of R Thomas lead blocking for portis and punishing a LB allowing CP to run into the endzone untouched even Jansen pushes the pile and then sheds off to take out LB's you dont see that anymore with the guys we have on the right side, you cant blame the RB if the O Line cant dominate the line of scrimage let alone get to the second level its the lines job to open lanes not just block people

football games are 60 minutes and a season is 16 games, if you have 3 career backups and a rookie blocking for you do you think after battling season ending injuries portis is going to just stick it in there every play? he's our best blocker when he stays in on pass protection i think the O Line respects CP and wish they could do more than just block the guy infront of them, i miss the days of R Thomas lead blocking for portis and punishing a LB allowing CP to run into the endzone untouched even Jansen pushes the pile and then sheds off to take out LB's you dont see that anymore with the guys we have on the right side, you cant blame the RB if the O Line cant dominate the line of scrimage let alone get to the second level its the lines job to open lanes not just block people

Archived