Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Farewell to Arms

headexplode

Finally, something in the Washington Post that speaks to my heart. I didn't grow up in the 50s, but I can appreciate the sentiment.

Farewell 'till next year you Godesses of the Sun. Farewell!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/15/AR2007101501434.html

Farewell to Arms

...and Legs and Ankles and Toes and Shoulders and Necks and...

By Stephen Hunter

Washington Post Staff Writer

Tuesday, October 16, 2007; Page C01

The poet T.S. Eliot famously called April the cruelest month. What an idiot.

No, by far October is the cruelest month. The air turns nippy, the wind acts up, the dead leaves tumble from desiccated trees and, unless you're on the Skyline Drive, the bright colors only give you a headache or something to sweep up. Ugh, then there's Halloween, full of begging beasties and pretend heartiness. But most tragic of all, October is the month the flesh goes away for six long months. Why? Because that is the way of all flesh.

Of course, you suspect I do not really mean all flesh. My flesh, for example, goes away, and who cares? Does the world need a glimpse of spidery albino legs with a pelt as thick as a beaver's, sustained on spindly struts of ankles? Women have been known to flee in horror when exposed to such hellish vistas. What about that creeping wad of putrescence that is occasionally on view above my belt when I bend over in a T-shirt? Who in their right minds, male or female, would not applaud the annual half-year exile of this pod of glucose, Fritos and Mike and Ike Original Fruits?

I mean: Their flesh. As in female.

I can't believe no one here wants to talk about women. What's up with that? I'm not saying anything--I'm just saying.

Sorry, I was busy reading this Army recruitment ad I saw posted on another website I frequent. But, yeah sure, I like women - with their breasts that feel like sand. :)

Archived