Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official I hate Bodog thread.

dockeryfan

Ugh. There are some bad players out there.

I limp in with 5 5, and catch a 5 on the flop.

Q J 5 rainbow.

I make a bet about half the pot. Get two calls.

Turn is an 8.

I bet the pot and get one call.

River 6.

I make about a pot sized bet, he goes over the top and I go all in.

This jokers hand???

4 7 offsuit.

Un freaking believable.

Bodog seems to reward river flushes and str8s. I think I'm done with this site. When I play live, there are not nearly as many suck outs.

Either that or I'm just pissed and can't see straight.

I am just learning to play poker and use bodog, I got to 414 out of 4800+ in the free tournament that is going on right now, I enjoy it, but every time I get nice hands, so dockey goes all in and I have to end up folding, and he takes the pot.

lmfao, I'll tell you some storys.

At my poker room (live not online) there is this guy name camil.

His table has a wait list for it all day long.

I haven't played against him yet, but today another player said "The first 5 hands that were dealt to him, he played blind all in!!"

Now this place is only 100$ max buy in, it's a 1-2 no limit. It's florida and gambling is just making it's way here, atleast the bigger limits. So you get some crazy guys who don't care if they lose 500 or so.

There is this guy called "6 4 Mike".

We call him that because his favorite hand is 6 4.

He says that 6 4 is the nuts, and he is writting a book called "Why 6 4 is the nuts."

I asked him why, he said "because if nothing hits with that hand you can fold it, but with AA you don't always know where you're at.

Ok so this 6 4 guy is an animal, he raises with anything.

So he has 4 2 offsuit on the button. He raises it 15$, I go all in with AK over the top, 140$.

He calls!!!!!!!! and he hits the boat!!!

From that point on any decent hand I would push over the top of his raise, all in.

He called every time!!!

I took his stack and took 200$ more from him.

Mike was at the poker room the very first day the law allowed no limit action.

On the very first hand 4 people went all in PREFLOP, including Mike.

They had AQ, AA, something else, and mike had 9 2.

Mike wins the hand with two pair.

There are alot of people like Mike here at this poker room.

It took me awhile to adjust my play and keep my emotions in check.

I tightened up my game BIG TIME, and cut wayyyyyyyyy back on my bluffing. I can go days without bluffing.

People know me, they know I play good cards, but for the most part they can't help but call my bets.

I used to get very mad and yell at people when they donked on me.

I was like Phil Hellmuth at times.

Now, I rarely break my state of mind.

One pro told me...."after awhile, you no longer go on tilt."

My buddy who has played in big 5k$ buy in tournys is afraid of playing where I play.

He's afraid that they will call him and chase him down.

I said that I'm not afraid of them calling and chasing me down, I'm afraid of them folding.

If donkeys don't play the way they do, then I'm out of a job.

Donkeys are annoying as hell. I like playing a good game of cards, people who raise when they have 2 3 or go all in every freaking game drive me crazy.

They can be really annoying in a tourny, because you can't get your money back from them.

But in a live game, that's one type you want.

Ideal is a calling station. They almost never raise, and they will call you down with almost anything.

You can see a lot of flops for cheap, and their bad play makes it a good idea to see a lot more hands.

Crazy guys that go all in and put pressure on you with any two cards, that's almost just as good.

You just got to avoid getting into a pissing contest with them.

You also have to watch the other players, I get caught like that sometimes.

Other players are slow playing waiting for the animal to bet, and you get caught in the middle.

If they don't like to fold, then don't bluff. Raise with paint, and then check it down if nothing hits.

A calling station will check it down, unless they have something really good, and then you just fold when they bet.

That was all greek to me, only my second day ever playing, lol.

I am in another tourney right now, and am doing pretty well.

1186 left out of 10,000

Just finished 1,149.

I had KQ with a K in the flop, raised 400, guy called, I went all in and go figure he had KA, lol

Archived