Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you help me with this contract

CrazyJoe92

I was trying to buy a instrumental from some one off of soundclick.com I I found something I liked. We had discussed exclusive rights to the material I was going to purchase. when I was reading the contract i noticed that in section C it says "leasing rights" Shouldn't that be turned to "exclusive rights"

I was going to make a payment through paypal to be safe. can anyone help me and give me fig this out?

thanks a lot

ARTIST MASTER PRODUCER AGREEMENT

This is an agreement this day of ____Sept__________, _28th_ 2007, between the Master Producer and the Artist.

TERMS AND RECITALS

A. Producer specializes in musical production of musical artists;

B. Artist performs under the name of ___________________

C. Producer agrees to produce a "Leasing Rights" track for Artist (LEASING RIGHTS: Choosing this option grants you only one profitable commercial release (TV, Album, Radio etc.) but i still own the Exclusive Rights to the track and it can be re-sold again). See Track Policy at the bottom of page for Exclusive and Custom Rights information.

D. Artist agrees to give full credits to Master Producer for production of track:

Produced By: Jason "Krazyjay" Spencer (Krazyjay Productions) http://www.krazyjayproductions.com

E. Producer and Artist wish to enter into this agreement to provide for the production.

IT IS, THEREFORE AGREED TO AS FOLLOWS:

Artist promises to pay Master Producer the following payments of the amount of $ __200____ (PayPal/Money Order) per track. Artist promises to pay Master Producer before the pre-production recording phase (100%). The purchased tracks is entitled: ______Living Large_________.

This agreement hereby requests, instricts, authorize, and empowers Artist to pay Master Producer all amounts agreed upon. The duration of this agreement commences as of the date of the contact between the Artist and Master Producer September, 28th 2007.

1. PRODUCTION. Producer agrees to produce masters of production consisting of tracks written by the Artist and then performed by the Artist (hereinafter referred to as the "tracks"), and shall be of a quality which is equal to master productions normally produced for commercial distribution.

2. COPYRIGHT. Upon Artist's assignments of the tracks pursuant herein, Producer shall proceed to obtain and secure a copyright for each of the said tracks. Each such copyright shall be the sole property of the Master Producer and Artist (50/50, Master Producer owns the music and Artist owns the lyrics).

TRACK POLICY

(Policy in bold refers to you)

1. EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS ($300-$1,500): If you choose this option the track will be yours, however you will not own the Copyright for the selected track. You may use this track for as many profitable commercial releases as you want (TV, Album, Radio etc.) but it may not be re-sold, only one owner.

2. LEASING RIGHTS ($40-$75): Choosing this option grants you only one profitable commercial release (TV, Album, Radio etc.) but i still own the Exclusive Rights to the track and it can be re-sold again.

3. CUSTOM RIGHTS ($800-$2500): This track will be produced the way you choose. Custom Rights will require a 50% up-front deposit and another 50% deposit after the track has been completed. Custom Rights automatically grants you Exclusive Rights, but if you do not pay the second 50% of the price the track will be open to you only as Leasing Rights.

This contract shall not become binding and effective until signed by Artist and Master Producer.

signature: Jason Antonio Spencer

MASTER PRODUCER

Agreed and Accepted:

Signature:_______________________________

ARTIST

Hey thanks a lot for the help SkinsOrlando

No prob, music business is ugly bro, I got a friend of mine who learned the hard way, signed his record deal but gave exclusive rights to his music label, 12 months later they dropped his ass and now own the rights to his songs. He's got 20 songs he can't perform anywhere now, it sucks.

No prob, music business is ugly bro, I got a friend of mine who learned the hard way, signed his record deal but gave exclusive rights to his music label, 12 months later they dropped his ass and now own the rights to his songs. He's got 20 songs he can't perform anywhere now, it sucks.

wow man 4 real? thats crazy. yea these companies are really out to get you. I hope i dont have to deal with that caz I already got a lot of BS to deal with lol.

Archived