Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Interesting mock draft from poster on another board

goldenster95

So we end up with Boss Bailey, a linebacker we hope to convert to safety (and who we like partly because he's related to our best player), WR Talman Gardner (who we like because then we'd have Gardner and Gardner), Derrick Dockery, who is a mammoth guard, and DE Michael Haynes.

That wouldn't be a bad first day. I think I'd be happier if Polamalu fell into our laps instead of Gardner. I think this assumes we sign someone like Peerless Price and someone like KGB.

Most of these trades are pipe dreams, though.

I will never look at Talman Gardner in the same light again after a 65 yard bomb slipped right through his hands in the Sugar Bowl.

I know even the best of them have drops, but that play was enough to place a seed of doubt in my mind about this kid.

Plus Gardner and Gardner (not to mention Gardener) would be too damn confusing. :)

That's one of the finest fan Mocks I've seen. You can disagree with some of the choices, but he's really put some research into this.

The trades are realistic save for the first one. No way on earth does any team drop 4 slots in the first round as Chicago did for a 5th rounder.

And while I'd absolutely love to see us with 3 second rounders, passing on Kansas State's Newman would cut me. He'd solve our problem at both kick and punt returner and would ultimately challenge Champ as the best CB. Smoot would become trade bait.

I like the projected trades for the Skins, but I think ALL the picks are WAY off base.

First, this guy is dreaming on the Haynes pick. He's a first rounder for sure. Browsing around the web, he's the second or third rated DE on a lot of people's boards.

Picking Dockery over Steinbach and Vince Manuwai is unlikely, too. While Dockery might be an ideal guard in a Marty Schottenheimer offense, he's not for Spurrier's. Steinbach and Manuwai may not have what some say are "prototype" bodies for an NFL guard, but their pass blocking skills and athleticism make them much better fits for an offense that prefers to spread the defense.

Since when did Gardner even make it into the top 10 WR prospects?

And finally, I'm getting tired of all this talk about drafting Boss Bailey and moving him to safety. He's a linebacker. He's got linebacker instincts. He reminds me of Derrick Brooks when he came out of Florida State, and that's the type of linebacker I see Bailey being in the NFL.

Archived