Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles punt return duties

dockeryfan

Good for you.:rolleyes: I have no doubt in my mind that this team will bounce back in a big way against a division rival in our home opener. In the end Donovan and the boys will own your team just like every year.:laugh:
2005 says hello.

And the roll eyes is foolish. The team did not look crisp. A better offense will be able to expose holes in the Eagles defense. GB is pretty crappy, and Favre was hitting receivers only to have them drop passes.

Donovan is way slow in his mental reads, and that's a huge problem. It means he's not comfortable. He was scrambling (good for him), but he was simply not seeing the field. You seem to think the Redskins defense is inferior to GB? Obviously you must be thinking about 2006, because 2007 has looked very different all throughout preseason, and in the opener. They will be looking to prove it on Mon night.

This is not a game the Skins should win. Home opener for Philly on Mon night, coming off a loss. But the Eagles looked like an average team with a good run stopping D. The skins should be a better test of that run D than GB was.

2005 says hello.

And the roll eyes is foolish. The team did not look crisp. A better offense will be able to expose holes in the Eagles defense. GB is pretty crappy, and Favre was hitting receivers only to have them drop passes.

Donovan is way slow in his mental reads, and that's a huge problem. It means he's not comfortable. He was scrambling (good for him), but he was simply not seeing the field. You seem to think the Redskins defense is inferior to GB? Obviously you must be thinking about 2006, because 2007 has looked very different all throughout preseason, and in the opener. They will be looking to prove it on Mon night.

This is not a game the Skins should win. Home opener for Philly on Mon night, coming off a loss. But the Eagles looked like an average team with a good run stopping D. The skins should be a better test of that run D than GB was.

The Redskins should be a better test for the Eagles D than Green Bay, particularly in the running game. I was impressed by the Eagles performance defensively, but I'd also agree that the Packers didn't convert a number of opportunities.

In terms of the Packers D versus the Redskins, I'm going to tentatively disagree with you. Before the game I heard Merrill Hodge say the Packers D had the potential to grow into a top 5 unit and thought "what a maniac. Where do they come up with this stuff." On Sunday I thought a bit differently. They seemed extremely athletic and strong at the point of attack. Nicky Barnett and A.J. Hawk sniffed out plays in the flat fluidly and their defensive line looked pretty dominant. Obviously Al Harris and Charles Woodson are an impressive tandem of starting corners.

After week 1 it's hard to isolate a single unit, since everything is relative to the opponent. Maybe Tra and Runyan grew old over the offseason, but maybe the Packers will have a great pass rush this season. Right now I'm prone to believe that Green Bay is going to have a pretty damn good defense, though its probably pretty predictable that an optimistic Eagles fan would see things that way.

Regardless, McNabb held onto the ball way to long and certainly didn't seem to go through his reads well. Even if the Packers have a great rush, he looked uncomfortable in the pocket, an obvious concern.

I have to hand it to GB Sunday...their defense got the job done even though a blown PR was really the winner in that game....yeah, not one of Reid's SMARTEST moves.

Limiting the Eagles to a measly 13 points is a feat regardless of what you think of the Packer defense. I actually like the Eagles somewhat because they have been owning the pukes the last several years. It should be a hard fought game and both teams should be on tops in the NFC East this year. Losing Sheppard will hurt them but you can never count a team who has consistently made the playoffs the last 7 years out.

2005 says hello.

2005 was an anomoly.

I realize that the Eagles did not look crisp. I also realize that the Eagles usually start slowly under Reid. I am sure you remember the year the Linc opened. We got completely dominated and shut out by the Bucs 17-0. We also gotten beaten pretty badly by the Patriots or some team the very next week. The Eagles were one of many teams to look rusty this past weekend. That doesn't mean there isn't tons of time to turn it around. Also, as far as McNabb goes, I think he should be cut some slack. It was his first regular season game in months. I wasn't really expecting him to come out and light it up.

I don't know if GB's defense is better than Washington, but I do think that GB's defense is pretty damn good so the two are at least comprable.

I agree with you that the Skins rushing attack will be a much better test for our defense. I am defintely not sold at all on our D. I'll have a much clearer picture after Monday night. I also agree with you that the Eagles should win this game. They should and they need to, therefore I think they will. However, if they don't I will be here the very next day to get my crow.

GB's defense > Redskins' defense

Better front 7

Better corners

Not as good at safety

It's tough to be so conclusive after only one game. We don't have enough of a basis of comparison between the Eagles offensive unit and the Packers defensive unit, same goes for the Dolphins offensive unit and the Redskins defensive unit.

I think we can say with relative certainty that the Packers defense looked pretty darn good. Their corners are known commodities and their front seven looked pretty mean.

GB's defense > Redskins' defense

Better front 7

Better corners

Not as good at safety

lol at the certainty.

Want to make a prop bet as to which defense finishes higher? You are talking like you have not watched this defense at all.

It will readily admit that the d-line of GB is better. As for front 7, I simply cannot say that right now.

Archived