Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

happy for lewis

fansince62

should lewis move on to become HBC I'm entirely happy for the man. like/dislike the guy...he has a proven track record, is bright, and has won. he deserves a chance. then we can turn the defense over to an assistant who has no track record, has never been in charge, who no one really knows anything about...but....hey...he gives great TV interviews and, by all appearances, is humble! this ought to placate many on this board!!! what a deal!!!

double standards notwithstanding....an interesting sidelight is where will ML draw his assistants from? this hasn't been discussed in the papers or this board very much. will he take anyone from the Skins staff? does he have a side deal with danny-boy not to do this? if he doesn't - is this a reflection of such a deal? or lack of coaching talent at the assistant level? or will the bungles tell him where his assistants are coming from?

ML...thanks for a good year. you took a defense with limitted and aging talent on the defensive line (save for the G-man), overcame early weak performance, and produced a winner. let's hope we manage to find some players who can actually tackle next year!!! what a concept that might turn out to be!!!! and maybe the FO will draft a passrusher for the first time in years. another novel concept!!! now that you're gone ML, we can get these things done because we all know it was your fault in the first place!!!!

I'm pleased for ML as well.

I don't hold any hard feelings toward him, but I won't mind seeing him leave either, simply because I want someone at DC who WANTS to be there. This seemed like a stepping stone for ML from the very beginning.

Still, he's earned it and if he can turn the Bungles around and be successful ... good for him.

Archived