Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LeCharles Bentley

dockeryfan

Gotta feel for the guy. He may play this year, but not the first half of the season. He's been designated PUP, and (someone correct me if I'm wrong) he won't be cleared to practice until after Week 6. Then they have three more weeks to make a decision and either activate him, place him on PUP again, or place him on IR.

In other O-line news, Andrews from Philly is out of the boot, which is good news for him. That was a little over 3 weeks in the boot, which leads me to believe it was a Grade 3 High Ankle sprain. If it was Grade 2, he probably would have been on crutches sooner. The ankle instability will always be a problem for him, but he'll be able to play probably sooner rather than later, from what it looks like on the outside.

I am pulling for Bentley! I pray he can at least get back to the a respectable playing career. He has worked hard and seems to be a high character guy.

But too answer your question, I think the team has until the final cut day (Saturday) to determine if he can play or not. They will probably keep him out the first 6 weeks and leave him on the PUP list. Then he will come in and be a backup this year and fight for his job back.

Archived