Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT: Digital Cameras

RF4L

Originally posted by 70Chip

S30 :thumbsup:

Now, to find a photo printer --

I have the HP PSC 2210 multifunction printer (fax, scanner, copier, printer). It's awesome.

http://steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/hp_psc2210.html

It has slots for all 4 types of memory cards/sticks so you can just take the CF card out of the camera and pop it in the printer. Then you can save the images right to your computer (eliminating the need for a card reader or connecting the camera directly via a USB cable) or print them directly.

The awesome thing is that you can print a "proof sheet" where it prints a sheet with thumbnails of all the images. The sheet includes selections for the size image you want to print, how many, and a border. Then you bubble in your selections (like a standardized test Scantron sheet), and put it back on the printer. The printer scans the page reading your selection, then prints out your photos!

This printer also lets you add an optional extra color cartridge beyond the normal one which increases the color depth tremendously (I've used it and you can tell the difference, especially with flesh tones).

Overall for $299 the thing is great just for that. I use the copier feature all the time. If you don't need faxing you can grab it's little brother the 2110 for $199.

Go for it!

Archived