Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

the FO is learning... stop complaining.

GroundNPound

I think the intent of the OP was to highlight the hypocracy of bashing the FO for adding costly talent from other teams, while the forum folks here mention adding this player, or that player (at values that the Redskins would not be able to make the deal for, because they are too low).

That is certainly a valid point.

I do like the thread post of optimism though, good stuff. I too think we have the players we need, barring injury to compete well during this season.

/go skins:helmet:

I'm sure it will. There's no way (Bellichick - the god of coaching - or not) that all of those receivers and additions to their team are going to gel in time. People underestimate what we as Redskins fans already know: the more new blood you add, the harder it is for your team to play cohesively from the get-go. I'm pretty sure NE's experiment will indeed go south.

I hear what you are saying with this and I hope you are correct. But ... I think the NE situation is different than how we approached our FA signing's in the past. Bellichick already established an environment of winning by teaching his players to work hard and playing together as a team, now they are at a point where normal high-valued FA's are coming to NE to play for LESS money. Players that come there know that NO-ONE is untouchable or unreleasable (except maybe Brady). They've created a successful method to building a team through the draft, and through older players who want to win.

The only high priced signing was the Adalius Thomas from Baltimore and Stallworth. Moss' contract is incentive laden and if he doesn't' perform they don't lose anything in cap space. having established themselves as that type of team I mentioned above, these players coming in know they are not the "saviors" ... they are only pieces to the puzzle to help get them over the top. And since they were so smart with their draft picks and developing taken, if they have one FA bust, it's not a big deal, they have plenty of money under the cap. Basically they never threw all their eggs in the FA basket like we did.

I hope you are right and it backfires, but i have a hard time believing that Bellichick is going to change his philosophy to building this year's team. Here's to hoping it backfires though!

There's no way this team has "built from the foundation up." The Browns, 49ers, Texans, Eagles, Patriots etc. have all done or are doing that.

Let's see.....

Browns...SUCK

49ers...SUCK

Texans...SUCK

Eagles...don't suck

Patriots...built first championship team via trades and FAs. Have done a great job drafting since then however.

The Pats are the model but there are 30 other teams that have tried to do exactly what the Patriots have done with varying degrees of success. And I love how easily now everybody screams about building from within but whenever we make a personnel move 99% of the people here are dancing a jig. Last year at this time we had the best safety tandem in the history of the world and had solved our receiver problem. The only move I can recall that was widely panned (and rightly so) was the T.J. Duckett trade. After the fact all of a sudden we have 100,000 people on here blasting the front office for the moves that they loved in the first place.

I'd like "Hindsight" for $1,000, Alex.

Let's see.....

Browns...SUCK

49ers...SUCK

Texans...SUCK

Eagles...don't suck

Patriots...built first championship team via trades and FAs. Have done a great job drafting since then however.

All three of those first teams are rebuilding. Texans and Browns have done a weak job in the draft... you can't argue that the 9ers are headed in the right direction.

Archived