Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would Peerless be the only WR we need?

jimster

yes.

I think this is the reason that we can afford to give price decent money. We don't need him to come in and score 20 TDs for our recieveing corps to be successful. We just need a another serious threat to score. Thompson and Gardner are almost a credible 1-2 punch at this point. If you throw price in there... it gets ugly fast.

So why is it that a weaker reciever won't do? I'd say it's because we'll have 2 #1.5 revievers and a #2 reciever. A # 1.5 (Gardner) and 2 #2's is significantly weaker. We want to be a high octane passing offense and that is going to require some octane.

Spending a lot in free agency makes sense when there is only one small piece that needs to be fixed. Among backs and recievers I think that this is largely true.

In the end It's going to come down to how much we can get him for, because he is not going to be worth Randy Moss money. He's got to be reasonable. The fact taht he likes the skins is good, and I hope that Snyder can get him to sign a reasonable contract.

The recieving corps you list above would be among the best in the league next year. With Ramsey pitching it to them, we'll just need a guard and we'll be scoring.

-DB

Originally posted by DrunkenBoxer

yes.

I think this is the reason that we can afford to give price decent money. We don't need him to come in and score 20 TDs for our recieveing corps to be successful. We just need a another serious threat to score. Thompson and Gardner are almost a credible 1-2 punch at this point. If you throw price in there... it gets ugly fast.

So why is it that a weaker reciever won't do? I'd say it's because we'll have 2 #1.5 revievers and a #2 reciever. A # 1.5 (Gardner) and 2 #2's is significantly weaker. We want to be a high octane passing offense and that is going to require some octane.

Spending a lot in free agency makes sense when there is only one small piece that needs to be fixed. Among backs and recievers I think that this is largely true.

In the end It's going to come down to how much we can get him for, because he is not going to be worth Randy Moss money. He's got to be reasonable. The fact taht he likes the skins is good, and I hope that Snyder can get him to sign a reasonable contract.

The recieving corps you list above would be among the best in the league next year. With Ramsey pitching it to them, we'll just need a guard and we'll be scoring.

-DB

Right on, DB. Our young guys are emerging. It takes about 3-4 years before a WR starts realizing his potential, and our guys are beginning to show flashes.

:cheers:

Is Thompson a free agent this coming offseason? Restricted?

If you do land Peerless, considering the amount of money it'll take to land him, I can't imagine another receiver being drafted or signed (unless it's just a depth type guy). Especially when you consider a 1st rounder was just spent on Gardner not too long ago.

Thompson has impressed me these past few games. Don't see Dallas going after him as we have enough money tied up at receiver already, though I was curious if you were to sign a Peerless if Thompson would be brought back in the process.

SOS definitely likes Derrius, and mentioned wanting to have him back next year. Of course, SOS's mouth isn't exactly connected to the mind of the front office, or to the realities of the salary cap, for that matter. I've been wondering if some team is going to offer him a wad of cash, or if we'll wind up paying him far more than we should. I'd be disappointed in either result. Of course, given another year or two, McCants should be in the same spot, if he learns to run better routes.

Archived