Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Windshield replacement

Coooleeey

Search feature pulls up nothing for this.

I need the front glass replaced on my 98 Jeep Wrangler and it seems everywhere I call I get a different price. I have called and spoke to two different Safelite autoglass places, one said $263 and the other said $380. A quote on their website says $331. How can they not have one set price? LAME!

Who else have some of you used and who do you recommend?

Thanks in advance

Do NOT do NOT do NOT use an aftermarket product for windshield replacement.

The windshield is not just to see through, it is part of the structure that keeps a car intact ina collision.

A proper windshield is built by the manufacturer or by a company with manufacture specs. So the windshield will fit EXACTLY as it should (also, use a good company to install correctly).

If you use aftermarket windshields, they take an existing windshield, cast a mold of it, then use that mold to create "duplicates". And in doing so, will be off by fractions. Which might not seem like much until you are in a rollover and the integrity of the rollcage is compromised because the windshield pops out.

Call you Insurance Agent and have them refer you to their prefferred vendor.

Seriously, it's not worth saving the couple hundred bucks.

Yeah I realized that after talking to a Jeep buddy who is in the glass business. Here is what he said...and I confirmed with other reports as well that PPG takes a good rock hit.

any high end windshield will be as good as o.e. .... ie ppg or pilkington

stay away from sgc, lamisafe, viricon, xyg .. well anything not oe or the 2 above stay away from

So pretty much thats my plan.

Archived