Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is all the Skins need to do...

MarkPSkins

This is all the Redskins need to do to become a playoff team. I did not say super bowl contender, just a playoff team. In no particular order.

1) Stop turning the ball over at bad times and bad places.

2) Cut down on penalties at bad times.

3) Play 3 downs on defense, not just the first two

4) Catch the ball

5) Punt the ball

6) Stop worrying what the league thinks about them, their coaches, their systems and start believing in themselves, their coaches and their systems, even if it takes a 2X4 to get this message accross.

7) Get a whole lot madder and stop accepting defeat.

8) Cover a freakin TE and or FB.

9) Beat the Cowboys, even if it is the luckiest win of all time as I believe it might be the source of the curse and the main cause for doubting the system, the players and the coaches.

10) Each Redskin needs to consider himself the luckiest man on the face of the earth because he is playing a game making millions of dollars and stop thinking about his next payday.

Some of these things are doable without any personel changes what-so-ever. All the Redskins need to do in believe in themselves, stop reading the paper, doing interviews and second guessing the coaches and management. They need to stop playing not to lose and start playing to win. This is basic fundementals of a team. I will give SS the benefit of the doubt as he was experimenting this year, but next year these thing have to change. Heck, they actually need to start changing now and especially a week from Sunday.

Screw the draft position. Win the next two games with attitude that will carry over into next year.

Gotta agree with Skinsthug. Until we can evaluate and acquire talented role-players to surround the core group of stars we have now, we'll always be paper-thin. If we waste this year's draft, we're just going to be treading water.

That said, sometimes you'd rather be lucky than good. We got lucky with Gardener. Maybe our "monkey with a dart board" draft strategy will accidentally land a bunch of diamonds-in-the-rough.

The only downside to that is that we'll have to read stories about Cerrato and Mendes the football geniuses. I guess I can live with that if they can just field a team that is reasonably competent.

Originally posted by MarkPSkins

1) Stop turning the ball over at bad times and bad places.

I would say that if we could accomplish this one thing, we'd probably win 11 games. But that's a big if. We lost the turnover battle in the last game against the Giants 5-0 and still kept the game close. If we weren't such careless knuckleheads we'd be in awesome shape right now.

Archived