Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lead Singer of Hi-Five, found dead (Tony Thompson)

Ghost of

Man, this group was great back in the day. He was the youngest of the group too, the lead singer. Below I'll post a youtube link to "Can't Wait Another Minute." They were also famous for the "I Like the Way (Kissing Game,)" "Quality Time," "Never Should've Let You Go," "She's Playing Hard to Get" and "Unconditional Love."

http://www.reuters.com/article/musicNews/idUSN0416763320070604

Hi-Five's Tony Thompson dies at 31

Mon Jun 4, 2007 7:41PM EDT

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Tony Thompson, who sang with '90s R&B group Hi-Five, has died of an apparent drug overdose at the age of 31.

According to the Waco Tribune-Herald, Thompson's body was discovered at around 10 p.m. on Friday (June 1) outside an apartment complex in his native Waco, Texas.

Thompson signed with Jive Records in 1990 as part of Hi-Five. The group's self-titled debut album went multiplatinum and spawned the hits "I Can't Wait Another Minute" and "I Like the Way (The Kissing Game)," the latter of which topped the Billboard Hot 100.

In 1992, the group released "Keep It Goin On," which spawned the hits "She's Playing Hard To Get," and "Quality Time." Thompson released his solo debut, "Sexsational," in 1995 after Hi-Five split, but in 2006 reunited with his old friends for the release of "The Return" on his own N'Depth label.

The artist had recently moved back to his hometown from the Dallas area and was reportedly working on new material for a solo album.

Reuters/Billboard

-------

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xjQho4dLhFw

Guest sith lord
Those guys were great.....although Keith Sweat put them on the map......

What did Keith Sweat have to do with Hi-Five? But anyway, they were OK. They were no more than a 2 hit wonder group.

What did Keith Sweat have to do with Hi-Five? But anyway, they were OK. They were no more than a 2 hit wonder group.

She's Playing Hard to Get, Never Should've Let You Go, Quality Time, I Like the Way and Can't Wait Another MInute.

Guest sith lord
She's Playing Hard to Get, Never Should've Let You Go, Quality Time, I Like the Way and Can't Wait Another MInute.

She's playing hard to get and I Like the Way were hits. I'm not so sure about the others.

Archived