Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

whos worth more, Cooley or Taylor?

alot of people are letting their dislike for Taylor's actions affect their judgement. there is no way Cooley is more valuable to us or any other team than Sean Taylor

how do you figure??? chris cooley was tied with santana last years for TD's and he scored points. and chris cooley has a presence in the locker room that makes his team mates want to play good with him. He is a great teammate and Taylor is a loner homie. He could care less. I'm not saying he is better then cooley, because you can't even compare the two because their positions are differen't. but as far as the team goes, i'd like for you to explain why?

I said this earlier and thought this thread was dead... I'll re-emphasize and add to it: There is no other safety in the HISTORY of the league with Sean Taylor's combination of size, speed and overall athletic ability. He is unique. It will be hard to find another player like him in the next decade. With continued improvement, he could very well be one of the best to ever play.

Chris Cooley has a lot of intangibles, but for every Chris Cooley at TE... You have at least 15 more like him in the league right now and probably one as good or with as much potential in every draft class (Vernon Davis, Greg Olsen, Antonio Gates, Kellen Winslow JR etc).

If you had to choose... it would have to be Taylor. Luckily, we have them both and should sign them both.

Both great players, but I'm going to have to go with Captain Chaos. Offensive players usually get paid more and I just feel that they are a bit more valuable, especially at the TE position where talent is scarce.

I call :bsflag: , it's way easier to find a decent TE in the late rounds with Cooley's talent and production, compared to finding a specimen like Taylor and his talent. This thread is getting really stupid now. I won't dive into spewing out stats but I am willing to bet there are more impact TE's you can find and mold in the late rounds of drafts than safeties. Also a good Cover FS is WAY more valuable to a team than a good TE. Cooley is good, but is not in the elite company in this league compared to Taylor, heck in the NFC East alone, Cooley is the 3rd best TE, compared to Taylor who with the right coaching could probably battle Dawkins as the best FS in the NFC East.

I said this earlier and thought this thread was dead... I'll re-emphasize and add to it: There is no other safety in the HISTORY of the league with Sean Taylor's combination of size, speed and overall athletic ability. He is unique. It will be hard to find another player like him in the next decade. With continued improvement, he could very well be one of the best to ever play.

Chris Cooley has a lot of intangibles, but for every Chris Cooley at TE... You have at least 15 more like him in the league right now and probably one as good or with as much potential in every draft class (Vernon Davis, Greg Olsen, Antonio Gates, Kellen Winslow JR etc).

If you had to choose... it would have to be Taylor. Luckily, we have them both and should sign them both.

I will give you the size, but Taylor runs a 4.5. Cooley is way more valuable to the team.

this is almost like asking a parent which kid they love the most. I honestly feel like they both contribute so much to the team. I think the two of them are def. two of the main players(key) on our team. Cooley brings presence in the locker room and adds chemistry as well as extremely good talent. Taylor is not as good for the team in the locker room as cooley but he's a beast on the field and he's going into his 4th year and he will show how elite he is this year. I will bet anyone in here that Taylor makes it to the Pro-bowl as 1st selection this year. not an alternate.

Bah, alright so I forgot Huff and Whitner. Who was the other?

I said earlier that safeties are becoming more important, when I should have said "the safety position is becoming harder to play". As are all DBs. Given how the NFL wants pristine conditions for its receivers, and anything less draws a flag.

This makes them no less useless to me, for playing defense. I think they are still involved in the least amount of plays, in an ideal system. Right? After all, that's why we drafted Landry, so ST would be involved in fewer plays, not more.

actually, we drafted landry because ST can make up so much ground on receivers and he is a ball hawk and by drafting landry, taylor will be able to play much better. now taylor and landry have individual safety poistions now, not interchangeable safeties or whatever it was. just watch how much and more understanding taylor will have this year. He's gonna have a great season, I can see it in his eye!!:point2sky

Archived