Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles News...Trotter And Brown Might Ride Pine?

Number5

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/20070502_Paul_Domowitch___Demotions_for_Trotter__S__Brown_.html

Click link for full article....

"While defensive coordinator Jim Johnson said the other day that Jeremiah Trotter still is the team's starting middle linebacker, his inclusion of the words "right now" made it clear the four-time Pro Bowler is going to have to prove this summer that he still deserves the job.

With Spikes taking over at WILL, second-year man Omar Gaither, who did a solid job there after replacing Matt McCoy in early December, will move back to the middle. Johnson said

Gaither will be the team's MIKE linebacker in its nickel package, but also will be given a shot at beating Trotter out for the starting job.

Then there's the right cornerback position. Right now, that job belongs to Sheldon Brown, who has been the starter there the last three seasons. But keep your eye on William James, who is gaining ground on the outside."

From what JJ said, James is "THE KEY" not a "KEY" to the secondary next season.....very interesting. Also the fact that Sheldon play the slot and FS positions on the nickel and dime packages as well....I noticed ther slot, but not the FS...

From what JJ said, James is "THE KEY" not a "KEY" to the secondary next season.....very interesting. Also the fact that Sheldon play the slot and FS positions on the nickel and dime packages as well....I noticed ther slot, but not the FS...

I thought I saw him do that against the Cowboys, especially in the 1st game.

As to James beating him out at corner, I'd be surprised. He had injury issues last season and he didn't play nearly as much as Brown. I've wondered if they eventually slide Brown to Dawk's spot when he eventually retires/leaves the Eagles.

I'll always have a soft spot for Brown for the hit he put on Bush in the playoffs.

Can Gaither stop the run like Trotter? I can understand playing him in nickle packages, but on running downs, you have to play Trotter.

Sheldon Brown was never that good to me . . . IMO Lito is much, much better. William James was a decent pick up for you guys last year. He proved that he was an ok player in New York. Having said that though, I doubt he'll beat out Brown for the starting job.

\

This is sheer madness. The "key" is a guy who can't catch, is an average cover guy and is a good run defender with a chronic back problem. He also retired because of this recurring injury and changed his name. I wasn't overly impressed with him, peterson is a physical man corner with no hands but he can't handle burress, toomer, or shockey. If he beats brown out and brown moves to nickel (not FS) then this shows Brown is overrated, not james is some god. Just mo.

I wouldn't count Trotter out.

I'd say he definitely plays all goalline/short yardage and obvious run downs. The guy is a pure A gap blitzer, run stuffer, and banger, he has no other skills. Tiki feared trotter like no one's business as well, said he hit the hardest.

Archived