Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rod Gardner

Smooty

the Redskins need a speed receiver but there is no reason that Gardner can't be the man lining up on the other side.

notice how much more productive, even with the miscues, the receivers were yesterday once they had an NFL quarterback throwing them the football?

I thought during the drive for the touchdown early that Ramsey and Gardner were developing a nice repoire and he looked for #87 on a couple of those monster third down completions the team had to close on the Giants.

we have finally weeded out the Locketts and Greens who were just taking up roster space.

now we need to find out who among the younger guys is worth keeping around.

this is actually what we should have been doing all along.

it was clear coming out of training camp that Lockett didn't have either the size or speed to be a starter in the NFL and that Jacquez Green at 168 and with suspect hands was little more than a decoy who would run fly patterns up and down the field to try and make himself useful :laugh:

somebody and I forgot who compared Green to Gary Clark in the preseason and said he could be that kind of gamebreaker for us.

I thought Green would rebound some with Spurrier here running the offense but that comment as so many others that were made in the summer by the Gator faithful just showed their naivete about the NFL and what it takes to be successful up here.

Archived