Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT - Bucs Lions Trade Back On?

ThePreciating

Sorry, I didn't see this posted anywhere else.

Anyway, if a CB and two second rounders are all TB would have to send, then I want to trade up for CJ.

Shawn Springs is way, way better CB bait. I think we could get away with trading ONE pick next year (first round of course) and Shawn Springs, and still move up to get CJ.

You all stil think this is too expensive?

POSTED 5:08 p.m. EDT, April 27, 2007

BUCS, LIONS DEAL BACK ON?

Sal Paolantonio of ESPN reports that the Lions and Buccaneers are discussing two possible scenarios that would move the Bucs up to No. 2 in the draft to get receiver Calvin Johnson.

One possibility is for Tampa to toss in their two second-round picks. Under the draft trade chart, the 820 points resulting from the No. 35 and No. 64 overall picks would make up the 800-point gap between the No. 4 pick and the No. 2 pick in the draft.

The other possibility for the Bucs to send a second-round pick and cornerback Brian Kelly to the Lions.

Even if a deal isn't done before the picks start to fly, there's a chance that the Lions will take Johnson with the No. 2 pick, the Bucs will take defensive end Gaines Adams (or offensive tackle Joe Thomas) at No. 4, and then the trade will happen.

Per Paolantonio, Bucs G.M. Bruce Allen is balking at either package. But why? Johnson gives the team the kind of impact that the Bucs desperately need in order for Allen and coach Jon Gruden to keep their jobs beyond 2007.

Tampa needs to do this deal. Whoever has a chance to get Johnson and passes on it will soon regret it, we believe.

Archived