Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Down

chronicdesi

I know that you are thinking that this is going to be another trade down to advocate trading down, but I haven't heard this scenario yet. Sorry if it has been mentioned in another thread, but I haven't read anything about it, so I thought I'd get your opinion on it.

First off, this is going by the assumption that CJ does not go Oakland.

Also, I believe we do not have the picks or players to move up to the number 2 position. We think that Detroit wants out of the second pick, and there are many suitors for this. The only problem is, for a team other than Tampa, not many people have picks in the top ten to offer that will entice Detroit.

What I am suggesting is why not trade our first round pick to one of these teams: Denver or possibly Atlanta?

First off the trade terms:

1) We get a second round and next years first.

2) Team two can get our first round pick.

3) Team two then deals our first round pick and their first round pick to acquire the second pick from Detroit, and draft CJ.

Why this may be beneficial to us:

First, I have heard time and time again that this draft will be made in the second to fourth rounds. It would be nice for the team to get a fourth rounder as well as the second and next years first, but I don't see that happening quite frankly. The top 20 players in this draft all seem hit or miss, and will receive a hefty salary. Why not move down in the draft, pick up a DT or DE, such as Anthony Spencer, in the second that won't have as much pressure on them. We also would benefit, because it would be cheaper, and there would less to lose if they turn out to be a bust, thus lowering the overall risks.

Secondly, we think that there might be a change up in front office personnel after this draft. If that is the way we are going, then we minimize risks in this draft, while allowing the the new personnel that will be coming in a full draft with two first round picks.

In conclusion, I doubt highly we can move up to draft CJ without giving up a lot of picks from next year. And if there are no "can't miss" players on the defensive side for us, that will fill a need, I think this may be our best option, that will minimize risks and costs, and also allow us to scout some more and hopefully have a great draft next year.

but I haven't heard this scenario yet. Sorry if it has been mentioned in another thread, but I haven't read anything about it, so I thought I'd get your opinion on it.
Before I read this, I'd like for you to ponder the idea of every single, possible, mathematical combination of the draft and that each of these scenarios had their own thread. Chew on that for a second, I'll continue reading your revolutionary idea.;)

Draft Okoye or Landry. Period.

Look I like Okoye and Landry, but one doesn't fit a need, and the other may not be worthy of the 6th overall pick. Everyone is looking to trade down and swap first rounders, no one wants to trade up to 6. So why pay someone who isn't worthy of the pick that money, or pay someone who we don't necessarily need for that money? Isn't this what we all hate to see our team do?

I know that you are thinking that this is going to be another trade down to advocate trading down, but I haven't heard this scenario yet. Sorry if it has been mentioned in another thread, but I haven't read anything about it, so I thought I'd get your opinion on it.

First off, this is going by the assumption that CJ does not go Oakland.

Also, I believe we do not have the picks or players to move up to the number 2 position. We think that Detroit wants out of the second pick, and there are many suitors for this. The only problem is, for a team other than Tampa, not many people have picks in the top ten to offer that will entice Detroit.

What I am suggesting is why not trade our first round pick to one of these teams: Denver or possibly Atlanta?

First off the trade terms:

1) We get a second round and next years first.

2) Team two can get our first round pick.

3) Team two then deals our first round pick and their first round pick to acquire the second pick from Detroit, and draft CJ.

Why this may be beneficial to us:

First, I have heard time and time again that this draft will be made in the second to fourth rounds. It would be nice for the team to get a fourth rounder as well as the second and next years first, but I don't see that happening quite frankly. The top 20 players in this draft all seem hit or miss, and will receive a hefty salary. Why not move down in the draft, pick up a DT or DE, such as Anthony Spencer, in the second that won't have as much pressure on them. We also would benefit, because it would be cheaper, and there would less to lose if they turn out to be a bust, thus lowering the overall risks.

Secondly, we think that there might be a change up in front office personnel after this draft. If that is the way we are going, then we minimize risks in this draft, while allowing the the new personnel that will be coming in a full draft with two first round picks.

In conclusion, I doubt highly we can move up to draft CJ without giving up a lot of picks from next year. And if there are no "can't miss" players on the defensive side for us, that will fill a need, I think this may be our best option, that will minimize risks and costs, and also allow us to scout some more and hopefully have a great draft next year.

I think you will have to go back to the drawing board because I do believe the Raiders will take CJ.

Archived