Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Randy Thomas at Ed Block Courage Awards

RavenzSuck

Guys,

I just got back from the Ed Block courage awards in Baltimore. Randy Thomas was the recipient for the Redskins. He did a great job representing the skins. It was reallt touching to see what these guys do to help out less fortunate people in our communities. I sat and talked to him for a while. I asked him if losing Dock was going to hurt us. He said that one thing that we do not have to worry about is the right side. He said that they are going to blow over people. He was so cool though. He is really a blue collar guy. He would have fit in well with the hogs back in the 80s. He talked about his mother and grandmother as being the inspiration in his life. I m trying to get him to go out and dine on some wings and ribs in Baltimore while he is here. I do not think that his wife is going to let him out though. I ll forward some pics out tomorrow. Everyone was a class act, Reggie Wayne, Duece McCallister, Todd Heap, Carlos Emmons, Vince Papala (Movie Invincible) and many many others.

Vince Papala (Movie Invincible)

Did you ask him about the final scene in Boogie Nights?

J/k...

That would have been an event I would have wanted to go to... As far as I can tell, Randy seems like a great Lineman and a better person...

yeah Randy Thomas is such a cool guy. He always came and spoke to my mom and I at the home games....near the tunnel. We have a pic with him and he told us he wanted to bring it back so he could autograph it and we did. he says "man! that's a nice picture isn't it? we look good!" LOL

Rex Grossman was really cool too. I talked to him for a while. It is amazing the criticism these guys get. Some people seem to forget that they are human. His wife is smoking too. I hope that he does well next year. The silent auction was sweet! They had team signed balls that sold for around 300.00 ea. This is definitely the place for any collector. They had so much stuff being auctioned off. If I didnt drop 3K for my season tickets I may have been able to afford a jersey or helmet. If you ever get a chance to go to these awards, do it. It was an incredible experience!

Archived