Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DB Senario!

dbtimsah

I too, think that Smoot will start over Rogers, for one thing he is faster, the other is he can catch the ball. With that alone, Smoot will start. No doubt.

Now, with Arch, I bet he was injuried and they didn't tell anyone that he couldn't run full speed because his back was flairing up. This seems to be a way to handle things at the Park, just like Mark in 2004, injuried didn't tell anyone. And last year again Mark was injuried during the first Giants game, but still stayed in, afraid to let another QB in the game.

Maybe, Arch never fully recovered from his back injuries in 2005, maybe that's why he couldn't cover a TE. I bet that Arch will play at SS some, but the job is going to go to Pierson Priolou, not Fox.

I disagree with Smoot being faster than Rogers. Rogers was timed at 4.42 40. Smoots time is 4.44. I agree that Rogers had issues catching the easiest of passes last year.

All that being said, if for no other reason than future confidence you start Rogers and let Smoot be the nickel. Realistically, they will both be on the field most of the time. Rogers is also going to be working with Daryl Green and Deion Sanders in the offseason. Look for a huge rebound year from Rogers. 9 picks is my estimate.

Archived