Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our defensive failings last year

SkinsFanOMG

Arrogance on Williams' part, letting some key players go that were central players for this defense played the largest role in it's demise. Mainly Pierce and Ryan.

Then add the rash of injuries. Prioleau and Springs missing significant time and other players with nagging problems.

But mainly, our front four just wasn't getting the job done. In the past, they would at least stop the run even if they couldn't rush the passer. Last year they couldn't do either.

Redskins need to build back the talent level on that side of the ball. Fletcher and Smoot will help in the short term, but they need some young atheletes up front to build on.

You put too much stock into that kinda' stuff. They may know the plays/packages, but the object is to hide what's comin' out of a given formation/package then go out and execute it. We didn't tackle, make the right reads, fill the right gaps, use the right techniques, or execute shyt for the most part last year. That has nothing to do with whether a team or teams had our playbook. Playbooks are revealed on all 22 film anyway which all 32 teams have access to. I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think it had much to do with anything.

HTTR

Its obvious how important Springs was, w/out him all I seen was Rodgers playin off and havn his rec run to the sticks and turn around 4 a first down extending the drive. Id really like for someone to come up w/ a time of possession stat for me. Rodgers better pull his head out of you know where, it looks like he has ZERO instincts and when he did have a shot at a pick, he DROPPED it.

Archived