Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

couple of rumors on some D-Line help....

Ryan21

well i thought we had a great start to free agency signing fletcher in my eyes is HUGE and smoot will be a great energy big play type nickel cuz i think we have to keep springs hes still agreat cornerback when healthy heres hoping he stays that way...now we can concentarte on LE and a monsteeer DT check out the rumors..

http://www.benmaller.com/nfl_rumors_notes

A team with the Redskins' financial resources cannot be underestimated. After being unimpressed with Clemson's Gaines Adams and intrigued but not overwhelmed by Michigan defensive tackle Alan Branch -- though sources said the team liked its non-workout meeting with Arkansas defensive end Jamaal Anderson -- sources at the NFL scouting combine last week said the Redskins were deeply interested in former Virginia defensive end Patrick Kerney, an eight-year veteran who has played his entire career with Atlanta. The Broncos appear to have the inside edge on Kerney.

Posted March 02, by Ben Maller

In something of a long shot, the Redskins also could be in the running for left defensive end Michael Strahan, who met with New York Giants officials this week in an attempt to be traded. Strahan has two years left on his current contract.

interesting stuff maybe then we can concentarte on branch to be the run stuffer fletcher needs i liek this idea of kerney and branch comin with grif and carter

well i thought we had a great start to free agency signing fletcher in my eyes is HUGE and smoot will be a great energy big play type nickel cuz i think we have to keep springs hes still agreat cornerback when healthy heres hoping he stays that way...now we can concentarte on LE and a monsteeer DT check out the rumors..

http://www.benmaller.com/nfl_rumors_notes

A team with the Redskins' financial resources cannot be underestimated. After being unimpressed with Clemson's Gaines Adams and intrigued but not overwhelmed by Michigan defensive tackle Alan Branch -- though sources said the team liked its non-workout meeting with Arkansas defensive end Jamaal Anderson -- sources at the NFL scouting combine last week said the Redskins were deeply interested in former Virginia defensive end Patrick Kerney, an eight-year veteran who has played his entire career with Atlanta. The Broncos appear to have the inside edge on Kerney.

Posted March 02, by Ben Maller

In something of a long shot, the Redskins also could be in the running for left defensive end Michael Strahan, who met with New York Giants officials this week in an attempt to be traded. Strahan has two years left on his current contract.

interesting stuff maybe then we can concentarte on branch to be the run stuffer fletcher needs i liek this idea of kerney and branch comin with grif and carter

Kerney Branch Griffin Carter as DL anyone?

well i agree we should draft a dl but im not quite sold on daniels i want kerney i like him very much plus he went to UVA so wont be bad to come back to ur hometown..when ehs ehalthy hes a good run defender and great pass rusher hes kind of a grnat winstrom jard allen mold and then we can release wynn and his ridiculous 4 m cap hit he has well have good depth at both de spots with daniels hes playe dboth and slavea and golston

This info I'm sure has been posted before...Looks like Kerney is being chained down by Denver.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_5343149

A source close to the situation, said the Broncos are intent on keeping Atlanta defensive end Patrick Kerney in Denver until he signs a contract. Kerney is scheduled to fly to Seattle on Saturday to meet with the Seahawks. Kerney is one of the top free agents on the market and would start for Denver at left defensive end.

At first glance, I'd take Kearney over Strahan, because of the age factor and the fact that Kearney is a local, but I'm not especially thrilled about either. I thought we were looking to use the draft to sure up the defensive line.

As an aside, I think we will all be surprised to see how much a good middle linebacker helps our run defense.

I love the idea of pursuing Kerney and Branch. That would fix our defensive line and as long as we sign Smoot and Fletcher and keep Springs, our D should improve dramatically. If this happens, GW had better let Branch start his first year and not sit him out.

No to both I just feel we need to chill out take a D linemen with the 6th pick and play with what we got. We filled our gaps and now is up to coaching a players producing.

I like this but I wouldn't be mad if they did bring in a DE. Get Branch in the draft and that would keep the blockers off of Fletcher. He'll be able to roam and make tackles. With Fletcher, Smoot and drafting Branch will make the D. And we keep Springs and pick up a nickle CB.

Archived