Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Charley Casserly wasn't that bad as a draftnik

D'Pablo

Thanks for letting me in on my 'extreme stupidity' and 'criminal homerism'. I guess someone with the moniker 'Sean Taylor is God' would know a thing or two about these things.

Let's look at your highlights:

Joe Patton- The guy started for three seasons. If he had really been less than solid' date=' or rather a liability, he would have been gone after one.

Gus Frerotte- Are you denying that he went to a probowl? Even though he never really followed up with any stellar seasons, his career has been decent. Not bad for a seventh round pick.

Michael Westbrook- He had all the talent in the world. Unfortunately he had an attitude to go with it. Not to mention he had five different QBs trying to get him the ball (Heath Schuler, Gus Frerotte, Trent Green, Brad Johnson, Jeff George). He wasn't an all-pro. He wasn't worthy of being an all-pro. He was, however, good.

Cory Raymer- He was consistently the best lineman we had throughout the 90's. If all you remember is his latter years during Gibbs II, then you're not getting the whole picture. His play was instrumental in getting us to the playoffs in 99'.

Darryl Pounds- He was a decent safety that started for a number of seasons. Hence, a solid starter. If it hadn't been for that degenerative back issue he had, he probably would have been more than solid.

Jamie Asher- In 96', he had 42 receptions and 481 yards. He was a pretty good blocker, too. That alone makes him a solid starter.

Rich Owens- In 96', he had 11 sacks and 73 tackles as a DE. We would kill for that kind of production right now. The guy was a fifth round draft pick, too.

Greg Jones- He starter from the time he was drafted until 2000. He must have been doing something right.

Albert Connell- He was a great complimentary receiver to Westbrook during that 99' campaign (1100+ yards, we would have loved that last year from our number two's). Definately capable of being a starter as he demonstrated here for three seasons. He just didn't have it together mentally.

Brad Badger- He sucked, I don't know why I listed him, actually. I confuse Badger with Andy Heck sometimes. Heck did a great job during the 99' season.

Skip Hicks- He produced a couple of hundred yard games before being officially relegated to backup duty. You can't say he wasn't good depth to Stephen Davis.

Mark Fischer- Came to the rescue in 00'. I thought he did an admirable job when Cory Raymer went down. That just showed he was great depth and could be a reliable starter when called upon.

David Terrell- He was a terrible starter. Fortunately, he had his good moments and was ok as a back-up. He stuck around because of his great teams play.[/quote']While I appreciate your enthusiasm for the team and respect your ability to defend your ideas, if you showed what you wrote to a dozen or so NFL personnel executives, they would laugn at you. Clearly, you've been able to highlight their careers and paint them in a positive light, but you need to give it up. You've GROSSLY overestimated the value of these players, and in some instances, completely created an alternate career that would make even the toughest lineman blush. I hate to say it, but honestly, I think you're dilusional.

Archived