Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins A to Z--going fast!

rtandler

:D :D WARNING: Shameless self-promotion follows! :D :D

A lot of you have mentioned that you were waiting for the holidays to get a copy of The Redskins From A to Z, Volume 1: The Games. I just wanted to let you know that the first printing is dwindling down to just a handful of copies. A second printing is underway, but I have received no guarantees that it will arrive in time to get it out to you before Christmas.

So, if you want it in your stocking or under your tree, either order it soon or give that special someone who promised you the book a nudge (or whatever it takes) to order it soon.

Just click the link below to go to the Website.

We now return to your regularly-scheduled postings.

rtandler,

Just to let you know, I got the book about a month or so ago and I am quite impressed. I've actually caught myself reading it from cover to cover (haven't gotten finished yet) just as if it were a "normal" book. My wife thinks I'm nuts :) I like the details from the games before my time and the more recent stuff brings back memories (some good, some not so good).

One thing that stuck out to me was that Sammy Baugh really didn't have impressive stats. I realize the game was 180 degress different now than it was then and that his stats for the time were unreal, but his TD/INT ratio surprised me. Just a little tidbit I noticed.

Anyway, the book is really fun--nice work. :)

Thanks, kleese. That's one of the best things about the book; you're able to follow the careers of guys like Baugh, Jurgensen, Brown and Riggins game by game. If somebody asks, "What's so great about that guy," you have the evidence there game by game.

Unfortunately, it's not as easy to do with defensive players. I haven't checked, but I'm sure that accounts of entire seasons go by with only a mention or two of the likes of Chris Hanburger and Darrell Green. In a summary of three to seven paragraphs, which is what most of them run, the scoring is what generally gets emphasized, not the prevention of scores.

Archived