Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LL 40 yard line, Green pass, Giants; SOLD

TLusby

I have two LL tickets Section 221, Row 11, seats 1 and 2 and a Green Parking pass for $210. Must pay by paypal. The first PM that I receive with an email address to bill via Paypal will get the tickets. I will send out today 2d Day Air UPS which is included in the $210 price.

I can not make the trip from Florida. The FV on the tickets is $99 each plus about $12 in taxes (which is not on the FV) and $35 for the Green Parking pass. It's about $35 less than FV not including the UPS charge.

See, this is what I'm talking about. I've mentioned this in other threads. Why purchase season tickets, especially new season tickets upstairs? It just seems silly. Their market value sucks. Nobody is interested. Dan could probably sell these same seats that TLusby is trying to sell, which are under cover and in a 50 yard line section, to a $15,000 a year Touchdown Club member in March or April, or anytime before the season starts. But hang those same premium seats out for grabs for a "REAL" Redskins fan to buy, on a Redskins fan website, featuring 60,000+ members, at below cost, and they just yawn amd turn away. I know the Redskins are losing now, and I know that affects the value of the tickets. But the fact of the matter is, even when they are winning, if it's a week before the game, anybody can get really, really good seats for below cost at FedExField. So if that is true, which it is, than why would one buy season tickets from Dan in March?

And if you are thinking it's your duty as a Redskins fan to support the Redskins by buying season tickets directly from them, think again. The waiting list is in the six figures, and Dan makes $50 for his FU fee for every new seat he sells. You'd actually be supporting the Redskins and increasing their profit, by letting your season tickets go. Then, when the season starts, you'd buy your tickets two at a time, you'd save money and get better seats.

Somebody please explain to me how I'm wrong.

See, this is what I'm talking about. I've mentioned this in other threads. Why purchase season tickets, especially new season tickets upstairs? It just seems silly. Their market value sucks. Nobody is interested. Dan could probably sell these same seats that TLusby is trying to sell, which are under cover and in a 50 yard line section, to a $15,000 a year Touchdown Club member in March or April, or anytime before the season starts. But hang those same premium seats out for grabs for a "REAL" Redskins fan to buy, on a Redskins fan website, featuring 60,000+ members, at below cost, and they just yawn amd turn away. I know the Redskins are losing now, and I know that affects the value of the tickets. But the fact of the matter is, even when they are winning, if it's a week before the game, anybody can get really, really good seats for below cost at FedExField. So if that is true, which it is, than why would one buy season tickets from Dan in March?

And if you are thinking it's your duty as a Redskins fan to support the Redskins by buying season tickets directly from them, think again. The waiting list is in the six figures, and Dan makes $50 for his FU fee for every new seat he sells. You'd actually be supporting the Redskins and increasing their profit, by letting your season tickets go. Then, when the season starts, you'd buy your tickets two at a time, you'd save money and get better seats.

Somebody please explain to me how I'm wrong.

Those are some good points, Mark. There's no arguing with that logic. I purchased Tlusby's tickets, and now I'm faced with selling mine. I want to see how the other half-lives, (with an unobstructed view...your dad & I went through that fiasco...let's not re-hash those memories ;) )

Now, I'm faced with selling my uppers. I will be compelled to sell them cheaply, (probably 1/2 price, or something like that). It is what it is, and I knew that going into this thing when my number came up.

The only thing "wrong", IMHO, is the insinuation that we're suckers for being season-ticket holders.

I don't care if it hurts, or helps Snyder. If that makes me a sucker, than so be it.

I'm assuming that you gave up, or never had season tickets.

Just bear in mind, that every time that you purchase those great seats, at a steep discount, then you've done so at a fellow fans expense.

I hope a lot of people take your advice, and my seats get upgraded.

Those are some good points, Mark. There's no arguing with that logic. I purchased Tlusby's tickets, and now I'm faced with selling mine. I want to see how the other half-lives, (with an unobstructed view...your dad & I went through that fiasco...let's not re-hash those memories ;) )

Now, I'm faced with selling my uppers. I will be compelled to sell them cheaply, (probably 1/2 price, or something like that). It is what it is, and I knew that going into this thing when my number came up.

The only thing "wrong", IMHO, is the insinuation that we're suckers for being season-ticket holders.

I don't care if it hurts, or helps Snyder. If that makes me a sucker, than so be it.

I'm assuming that you gave up, or never had season tickets.

Just bear in mind, that every time that you purchase those great seats, at a steep discount, then you've done so at a fellow fans expense.

I hope a lot of people take your advice, and my seats get upgraded.

I have two accounts, that's two pairs of season tickets.

I have been faced with that same problem in the past: having to sell my seats because I've bought better ones just before the game at a REALLY good price. So what happens is you have to sell your other ones, and you take a major hit on the tix you already had. And the reason for that is you hung onto them for too long.

The proper strategy, assuming you have season tickets, is to get rid of the last four, or five, or six games about a month or more before kickoff. If you do that, and if they are decent seats, you should get face for them easily. That leaves you empty-handed. The game is looming, and you have no tickets. But it's okay. Because you are going to be patient.

So you wait.

You wait until a week before the game, and then buy the best seats you can. You'll end up with better seats for no more money. You might even make money. This has worked for me year after year, including last year.

And because it has worked for me year after year, it occurs to me that buying season tickets is silly.

And you can upgrade until the cows come home, but you'll never upgrade to seats that are as good as the ones you can buy the week before the game, at below cost. That is my whole point.

I have two accounts, that's two pairs of season tickets.

You wait until a week before the game, and then buy the best seats you can. You'll end up with better seats for no more money. You might even make money. This has worked for me year after year, including last year.

And because it has worked for me year after year, it occurs to me that buying season tickets is silly.

That is my whole point.

If the aforementioned system works, year after year, why not give up your season tickets?

Not yet. I'm waiting to see if somebody can show me a valid reason why I shouldn't. Maybe I'm missing something...

Thanks, you too. ;-)

LOL!! I think I do have a valid reason!

Don't forget, that we had pretty long stretches of mediocrity before this.

If memory serves, the consective "sell-outs" didn't start until George Allen came to town?

After that, a Redskins ticket was the hottest ticket in town.

One day, (maybe even in our lifetime), the Skins will be good again.

If that happens, you'll look back and kick yourself for getting rid of them.

The team sucks, and has for quite some time. Patience. This too, shall pass.....

Some interesting posts. The reason my brother and I buy Redskin season tickets is so we know we have them. He lives in Florida and I live in Atlanta; we cannot possibly get up to DC for every game (especially in a losing year). However, rather than try to make a profit, we enjoy offering the tickets up to Extremeskin fans at prices below cost. Especially if they have never been to a game before. Consider it a contribution, just like we used to do with the Extremeskin site before Dan purchased it!

Archived