Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quezzie or Lockett?

monarch34

Does anyone think we made a mistake a week ago when we cut Lockett, rather than Quezzie? Although Lockett may have pissed SOS off with his fumble, he also had given some excellent performances in some games and was generally more helpful on ST's and in the locker room. I wish we could back the clock up and change that one. I liked Lockett and would take him in a heartbeat over Skaggs at this point (and I always have like Skaggs's effort and hoped he would pan out -- so I'm not a Skaggs-basher. I just think Lockett would have been more likely to help the team at this point).

when the team cut Green it needed to add a punt returner with some speed. Lockett didn't fit that bill.

With the addition of Willie Jackson, who is bigger, stronger and more reliable Lockett would not have been a factor here down the stretch as the #3 or #4.

Let's face it. When guys like Lockett and Green that have been around awhile and supposedly have skills can't beat out youngsters like McCants and Thompson, who are still quite raw, that speaks volumes.

I never liked Lockett. He came from a KC team that was weak at the wide receiver position and he was no better than a 30-catch #3 receiver in KC.

He never proved to be a starting caliber player and was a joke as a #5 or #6.

The Redskins weren't going to win any Super Bowls with Green or Lockett starting at wide receiver, so it was just as well they were jettisoned.

At least the younger receivers have some upside.

I agree with you. I like Lockett for the same reason that I liked Thrash: he's a good guy and a hard worker. Thrash is faster and better, though. And bulldog, I agree with you about his skills. Still, I don't think you cut good citizens who work hard have actually contributed for the team at WR, and then keep mediocre, non-contributing malcontents like Green. WTF?

But yeah, Lockett was not the reason for our team's problems. I still don't understand why he wasn't retained over Doering or Green.

BTW- I wonder what the preseason odds would have been that as of November 12, Doering would be on the roster and Anthony and Green would not be? :laugh:

Archived