Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Step Back To Take 2 Steps Forward?

armada58

I just have some thoughts I'd like to put in writing. Maybe I'm insane or maybe I'm dead on. Who knows? Tell me what you think..........

In the grand scheme of things, maybe it was necessary that this team took a step back this year in order to take 2 steps forward next year.

We made playoff push in 2005, but there were some glaring holes that needed filling for us to be a serious contender. Maybe those fixes are just taking longer to gel than any one of us anticipated. New Offense, New QB, etc. Maybe this year it was necessary to step back.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just reaching for something positive since there's now way to prove this theory until December of 2007. All I know is I won't be able to take ANOTHER retooling offseason. I can't take any more wholesale changes on the offense or defense. So I hope this theory is correct.

I just have some thoughts I'd like to put in writing. Maybe I'm insane or maybe I'm dead on. Who knows? Tell me what you think..........

In the grand scheme of things, maybe it was necessary that this team took a step back this year in order to take 2 steps forward next year.

We made playoff push in 2005, but there were some glaring holes that needed filling for us to be a serious contender. Maybe those fixes are just taking longer to gel than any one of us anticipated. New Offense, New QB, etc. Maybe this year it was necessary to step back.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just reaching for something positive since there's now way to prove this theory until December of 2007. All I know is I won't be able to take ANOTHER retooling offseason. I can't take any more wholesale changes on the offense or defense. So I hope this theory is correct.

You are reaching, but I'm right there with you and I also agree that if we have another retooling offseason I will :puke:!

Archived