Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sniper-Terrorist Ties?

ThatGuy

The term "believer" is too strong, but I was one who was certainly asking the question at the time this was going on. I now do not think that these snipers were terrorists, meaning sponsored by some recognizeable organization for some political or other purpose.

They fall into what I'd call the lone wacko category, although they were not of course alone in that there were two of them.

These concerns about terrorism are valid, given recent reports about alternative ways in which al Qaeda has trained it's operatives to commit terrorist acts. Reference these threads for further info:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14302&highlight=terror%2A

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17742&highlight=terror%2A

I'm curious, though, about your question. What's the purpose or point behind it?

Originally posted by redman

I'm curious, though, about your question. What's the purpose or point behind it?

That's an excellent question, Redman. ThatGuy, do you believe that these heinous sniper acts are somehow "beneath" terrorists? Do you think that terrorists are not evil enough to do something like this? Most people believed that the sniper was either part of a terrorist cell or was in some way inspired by terrorists. I think this guy was clearly inspired by al Qaeda, as evidenced by his vocal support for the 9/11 tragedies. The fact that he killed some other people around the country doesn't make me believe that any less. Either way, it's irrelevant. The terrorist threat is still out there, and we all need to be on guard. There are a lot of evil people out there who want to do harm to us.

Archived