Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins' football (demskins)

Waleo32

Well it seems like Coach Gibbs has returned. I’m not blaming Al Saunders because he’s an excellent offensive coordinator, but Joe is a Super Bowl Coordinator. That’s a big difference. Coach Gibbs basically told the offensive line and running backs that it going to be on your shoulders, and they responded. The Redskins ran for 143 total rushing yards with 37 carries. Betts went for 104 with 24 carries; this, my friend is Redskin’s football. Al Saunders was brought in to help develop the passing game and that will come, but we have to first be what we are and that is a smash mouth team. Our line likes playing that way and that’s what we do the best.

What can I say about Sir Jason? The man is so calm in the pocket. Nothing gets to this man. Yes I’m apart of the population that thought this dude should have been playing since week one but hey maybe he needed to learn more of the offense. But man oh man, after he threw the pick, I was like damn that was just a regular rookie mistake, but when we got the ball back he showed us how mature he is. It was 3rd and 8 his communication mechanism in his helmet wasn’t working and he called the play. What? This man is showing some Dan Marino kind of skills. But anyway he saw the personnel that was coming onto the field and developed a play from that. The man threw a strike to Cooley for about 15 yards and Cooley did the rest! If Cooley doesn’t go to the Pro Bowl then it’s not a real All-Star game. There isn’t a better TE in the NFC than Chris Cooley. Name me one I dare you!

Now let’s get to the Defense. Those boyz were… to quote Jim Jones “BALLIN”! The players used the article by ESPN writer Tom Friend to motivate them, but they shouldn’t need that to motivate them. I believe the article is true and I think the person who stated it was either Marcus Washington or Shawn Springs. Marcus was a friend of AP and LA who were referenced in the article. It could be Springs because the DB and SS side of the story either way I really don’t care; because Coach Gibbs will handle that. So if Greg Williams is getting too arrogant best believe Coach Gibbs has put him on notice hence the conversation he had with the team and coaching staff. Basically saying that everybody will be on evaluation mode which includes the coaching staff!

Now back to my D. I remember arguing with a bunch of people about my man Carlos Rogers, everybody wanted to trade him and they even said that Fred Smut was better than him. I thought that was a joke. Now granted the man hasn’t played to his ability so far, but the last time I checked this is his second year and his first full year of starting. The man is going to be a vicious DB so for the people who wanted to write him off… what do you have to say now? As for Sean Taylor, that is what I’m talking about. Sean has had a rough start but he came to play yesterday. Sean was wrapping up breaking plays up in the passing game and being that ballhawk that tore it up in the “U”! There is no need to panic when it comes to Taylor and Rogers these cats will be the future of our defense!

Positives:

1.) Betts showed the other teams that he can be a number 1 runningback!

2.) Duckett was used and effective in short yardage situations.

3.) O-line showed the Carolina DL that they can bully them.

4.) Jason Campbell is cool as the other side of a pillow.

5.) Capital Punishment was back for one Sunday--- Lets bring it back. (Good job Fox)

Negatives:

1.) Come on Nick that was a chippy! If you want this job make the kicks.

2.) We have some problems at Redskins headquarters. The players and Gregg Williams have to squash the “beef”!

feel free to comment on this blog at www.demskins.com.

Now back to my D. I remember arguing with a bunch of people about my man Carlos Rogers, everybody wanted to trade him and they even said that Fred Smut was better than him. I thought that was a joke. Now granted the man hasn’t played to his ability so far, but the last time I checked this is his second year and his first full year of starting.

Carlos Rogers had a great game I will give it to him, but let's not get over excited, I would like to see him do this for the rest of the year. I believe you meant to say Fred Smoot not Smut. Smoot was becoming a great CB with us but Williams ego got in the way of things. If we would have kept Smoot we would have been able to draft Light's Out Shawn Merriman.:applause:

Carlos Rogers had a great game I will give it to him, but let's not get over excited, I would like to see him do this for the rest of the year. I believe you meant to say Fred Smoot not Smut. Smoot was becoming a great CB with us but Williams ego got in the way of things. If we would have kept Smoot we would have been able to draft Light's Out Shawn Merriman.:applause:

You talking about the dude who's been benched for a rookie!

Actually, Fred Smoot allowed 200 yards receiving to STeve Smith, so what does that say about rogers and springs?

I agree my point was Smoot ain't better than Rogers! A lot people on this board think that Smoot is better for some strange reason.

I agree my point was Smoot ain't better than Rogers! A lot people on this board think that Smoot is better for some strange reason.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence around here. Accept it and move on and you can become much more efficient on this board.

That being said, Carlos has still had a pretty bad year, but his play at the end of the season can go a long way to remedying that.

Smoot has been benched in Minnesota. Smoot was overrated. His month was better than his play. Don't get it twisted he played hard and played decent, but Rogers will be better. Smoot had a bad second year with us as well. People forget about that though. It is what it is.

Also, to be fair, Smoot was matched up with Smith all game while Springs was assigned that task yesterday. Rogers made one nice play on Steve Smith downfield but for the most part Springs followed him around, even into the slot on numerous occasions.

That's a true statement. I'm not going to argue that statement. My point is everybody is asking for a dude that's playing terrible in Minnesota.

That's a true statement. I'm not going to argue that statement. My point is everybody is asking for a dude that's playing terrible in Minnesota.

Smooth is being bench because he is not 100% healthy. Please Carlos had a good game let's give it up to him but let's see if he can do it again next week. People need to relax on the board, calm down my angry guy. Soon I'll be hearing from you Holdman is a pro bowler:laugh:

Smooth is being bench because he is not 100% healthy. Please Carlos had a good game let's give it up to him but let's see if he can do it again next week. People need to relax on the board, calm down my angry guy. Soon I'll be hearing from you Holdman is a pro bowler:laugh:

No Smoot got benched look at ESPN newswire come on man know your facts jack!

Archived