Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The most disappointing season ever?

TSO

I was surfing around here as usual, reading as many positive threads as I could find but almost always ending up in a sea of negativity and I was reminded that we've never been above .500 this year.

Wow. This has been such a horrible season. I really think it's in the running for one of the worse I've been alive to witness. I mean, seriously... under Petitbone it was kinda rough. Under Norv and Spurrier things were kind of understandable. The year after we went to the playoffs in 99 may have been a huge disappointment, but at the same it made sense to stink so badly. We had a bunch of players way passed their prime. We had high hopes, but it wasn't like we really had any justification for them. Under Marty it was his first year, so that was also understandable.

This one is just ridiculous though. I mean... Joe Gibbs is friggin back! It's his third year, one season removed from an awesome five game run to get us into the playoffs where our incredible D won us one game. We needed more offense, and it seemed we did that during the offseason. All of our coaches on the Defensive side of things stayed for consistency as did most of our players. We got rid of one Lavar who was nothing more than a distraction, and we signed some stud players(or so we thought) in Andre and Adam.

I mean, how the heck could it have all went so wrong? Well... I know we all know for the most part, but sheesh. It's as if everything that could go wrong has, even things with the smallest of chances to go wrong have.

The hype in the offseason this time around was more than justified. It was a sure thing for us to get in the Playoffs. We just wanted to make sure we secure a home game there. It's mind blowing just how disappointing this season has been... and it makes sense why we have so many ridiculous threads being made with so much hatred in 'em that the ES colors of black and red really add to make this place an internet hellhole.

I don't know. I'm not old enough to know about, what I'm sure are, some really disappointing seasons... but this one has to be up there so far. It's not over yet though, and Jason is a light at the end of the 2006 tunnel for us... but wow, I'm seriously amazed just thinking about it.

Archived